UFO Sponsored Drag day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a picture Morley sent me of his blown tranny. Lots of broken gears and one of them on the counter shaft is broken.

Attachments

• morley_blown_tranny.jpg
    morley_blown_tranny.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 48
O.k. I guess I'm going to post the numbers from Sean's and Jon's passes:

Sean Morley Jon Cornell
-0.0289 Reaction 0.0987
1.6649 60FT 1.714
4.6295 330FT 4.655
6.6515 ET@594FT 6.6281
7.1069 1/8ET 7.0698
98.82 1/8MPH 101.87
9.282 1000ET 9.1626
11.1379 1/4ET 10.9383
121.35 1/4MPH 125.72

Sean Morley Jon Cornell
0.112 Reaction 0.0792
1.7243 60FT 1.6391
4.721 330FT 4.4469
6.752 ET@594FT 6.3684
7.2116 1/8ET 6.8029
97.91 1/8MPH 103.57
9.404 11000ET 8.8785
11.2865 1/4ET 10.6531
118.77 1/4MPH 125.04

Now these numbers are supposed to be from internally stock engines,
naturally aspirated. I think everything else was fair game. Cornell was claiming his bike had 137HP at the track. I don't know how he got that, but his bike could run.

I am editing this since the numbers didn't stay in colums very well.... hopefully this will work.

Jeff

Great Job Jeff!

I thought Jon was supposed to be some big pro rider setting records all across the world? From what his website says.. He is running a MT Street ET Slick on a Kossman and 60ftin mid 1.60's and he weighs 175lbs. Cutting .580 lights?:ummm: I am not impressed by Jons passes as what he can do, but his MPH is very impressive 125 in the mid July Ohio weather is pretty impressive but did any put a compression check on the engines?
I could have beat him on his first pass but I am sure he wasnt giving it his all usually thats how they do, just enough to go around you and ease off the throttle. Its amazing how he picked up 2MPH in the 1/8 but only 1 mph on the big end..:ummm:

Here's some pics of UFO Drag Day. (yes it was easy)

Dale #2492

Attachments

• Cornell Vmax1.JPG
    Cornell Vmax1.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0948.JPG
    IMG_0948.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Jeff Highest MPH.JPG
    Jeff Highest MPH.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Jon Cornell.JPG
    Jon Cornell.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Morley Lining Up.JPG
    Morley Lining Up.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Morley vs Cornell.JPG
    Morley vs Cornell.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Morley.JPG
    Morley.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Sean and Jon.JPG
    Sean and Jon.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 58
  • RaceTalk.JPG
    RaceTalk.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Ram Air Max.JPG
    Ram Air Max.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 51
I the hole deal seems... a little anticlimactic:ummm:

Vitek,
Yes I got the Morley Muscle Jet Kit. Sean showed/helped me put it in right there in the rain/ T storm.
I'll be gone for the week starting tomorrow and it's t storms again today. I'll have to hook up with you when i get back Aug 3 or 4th.

Dale

So Dale hows the Morley kit workin for ya? I got one on order im ready to switch from the stage 7 to it. should smooth some things out and get me better mileage. hopefully more lower power and mid range come along with it.

Jon, your lid should ship out today in fact! Maybe tomorrow but I think it's going today.

I heard someone was riding wheelies on Dales bike. I have no idea who in the hell would have the balls to beat on some elses bike like that!

Sean

Jeff : "Hey Dale, your bike doesn't sound like that when you ride it!"

It almost makes me want to take up drag racing.

Dale #2592

Holy Crap Sean. How did you get it done so fast. Geez I ordered it right before you left for Ohio. Whatd you do come home and start puttin it together. Man you coulda taken a few days dude. I would understand. Thanks for the awesome turnaround.
Just to say Sean is a stand up guy; as in on this UFO/Morley race day. He travels 2 days each way and spends a ton of money on gas (u know pullin bikes aint cheap) and lodging, knowing it might rain when he gets there. If it were me I woulda said heck with u Jon u meet me halfway at least. I think the reason he went really was to just meet more fellow Vmaxers and hang out with em. imho. Really a good showing Sean specially on someone elses bike. Im sure u didnt get everything done you wanted to but still very impressive all the way around man. hats of to you. you are a true Die Hard and obviously a stand up guy. :clapping: :punk:

Jon,
I got 42 mpg on the way home from Ohio. I calculated 41 mpg going there on stock carbs so I was really happy with that. Feels like more power throughout but really noticeable in the higher end. Just follow Seans advice and you'll be happy.

Dale #2592

So Dale hows the Morley kit workin for ya? I got one on order im ready to switch from the stage 7 to it. should smooth some things out and get me better mileage. hopefully more lower power and mid range come along with it.

Holy Crap Sean. How did you get it done so fast. Geez I ordered it right before you left for Ohio. Whatd you do come home and start puttin it together. Man you coulda taken a few days dude. I would understand. Thanks for the awesome turnaround.
Just to say Sean is a stand up guy; as in on this UFO/Morley race day. He travels 2 days each way and spends a ton of money on gas (u know pullin bikes aint cheap) and lodging, knowing it might rain when he gets there. If it were me I woulda said heck with u Jon u meet me halfway at least. I think the reason he went really was to just meet more fellow Vmaxers and hang out with em. imho. Really a good showing Sean specially on someone elses bike. Im sure u didnt get everything done you wanted to but still very impressive all the way around man. hats of to you. you are a true Die Hard and obviously a stand up guy. :clapping: :punk:

I too will be the first or second in this case to say that Sean is a stand up guy who stands behind anything that he sells.He has helped me countless times!Gone above and beyond the call of duty too! I concider myself lucky to have him as a friend.
I think that he did an incredible job running Jeff's bike.Low 11's are not as easy to run as people might think.Everyone needs to try it sometime.It takes some balls!

I have to say, I felt extremely bad about borrowing Jeff's bike for the day. He rode most of the trip with me which that alone was great. But to offer his machine for me to beat on was the best. he only got one pass on his own bike before the rain dumped on us. Of course not having my own bike was bad enough.

It was good to meet some more of the guys and was hoping to meet more of you. I'm sure time will get it done.

We are having a local race day like we get every year. It is a two day event so maybe next year we'll try to get something going on for the group. Of course anyone that wants to come this year will be more then welcome! The race is the 15th-16th (sat sun) of august at KID (kansas internation dragway) on the northwest side of Wichita.

I have some good videos Jeff made and will try to get pics posted here and a video posted to Youtube while I am on the road tomorrow (actually driving again but with family on vacation).

Sean

I have a good video of Jeff smoking his tire after the rain ended but I don't know how to get it posted.It's 15meg or something.Can't email it anywhere.

Shawn, can you compress or zip them up? Otherwise burn it to a disc and I can get 'r done.

Latest posts

Back