UFO Swing arm help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newklear

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My friends at Rochester Motorsports just about have my bike back together but ran into a big problem in that the UFO swing arm will not work with the stock exhaust.

Didn't know this going in.....:ummm:

Any ideas BESIDES spending yet another grand on after market exhaust along with all the re-jetting needed to go along with it?

Anyone else have this issue? I've called Mike at UFO and have left a message but I was hoping someone out there has a solution.

Thanks!

Not to belabor the point but were you assured that swing arm would work with the stock exhaust?

The issue was never brought up. I don't see anything on the website about it. I didn't ask.....I assumed! Which makes me an "ass"ume......Mike didn't specify.....

If it is stock width it should fit I think? Is it far off? Might help if you loosen front and rear exhaust flanges from cylinders, and also every other exhaust clamps there is so you can get it to fit. Then tighten flanges first.

It's not going to clear the exhaust due to the hoop design. We have one that would work but our arms are built to order too. You need one of our "Flat box brace" designs.

Attachments

• 2011-04-21_16-00-34_263.jpg
    2011-04-21_16-00-34_263.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 40
:eusa_dance:Well, sounds like your getting new pipes!

Mike. At UFO, is going to take it back and send me a newly powder-coated stock arm along with a partial refund to cover the powder-coating of the stock arm.....

He didn't know that it wouldn't work with stock exhaust as no one has done it that way.....

Oh, well.....

Perhaps he would sell the one that I am returning at a discount of some amount.....

Can you snap a picture of it before you send it back? I'm having a hard time visualizing the situation, although it has been a while since I took off my stock exhaust.:confused2:

Sorry, Brian....it was at Rochester Motorsports the whole time and I think they shipped it back to Mike on Friday.....you could call Mike and ask for a pic after he gets it next week....

P.S. Who is that gorgeous girl????? Phew!!!!

The stock exhaust has the big cross over that routes below the swingarm and the braces that many other customers use (the spindly round tubing) are dropped down too far for it to clear.

I looked at their website, I had to look at some old pictures of my exhaust to see why it hit. Too far forward with the brace, I just could not visualize how far back the stock exhaust collector went.

Latest posts

Back