ufo vs kerker please help!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastman14609

Reaction score
Ok i heard the ufo dragstar series on you tube this weekend.
to say the least it sounds abosulute insane love the way this 4 into 1 sounds.
i have already ordered the kerker 4 into 1 with race baffle but i have not heard it yet as my bike will not be built until spring.
Will my kerker be as loud and sound like a drag car idleing like the ufo?
starting to think about changing my mind and going w the ufo system
let me know what u guys think i should do?????

The best thing you can do. Go with the UFO, sell the kerker to me cheap. That way three people will be happy. jon, yourself and me. Thanks sandy

You will be happy with the Kerker! The best thing is that you can change baffles. If you go on a long road trip (or riding with others) you may want to have the regular baffle in. The comp baffle sounds great, and if you really want that loud stock car sound take out the comp baffle and just put the end cap back on (or leave it off). It will be loud either way!
Jeff

allright prob stay withe the kerker setup!!
but I hope i get that sound like the ufo. I can always pull out the baffle!!

sandy lol , but think im stuck w the kerker, But hopefully i will be happy

The kerker is deeper in my opinion. The dragstar is LOUD and the muffler is a bit smallish looking (again in my opinion) in person. Not only that but one of the lowest HP bikes with our jet kit also had one of the dragstars. Would like to have tested it with both types to know if it was the engine or the pipe that was the hinderance.

Sean Morley

ok stayin takin ur advice and stayin with the kerker!!!
It is what i wanted in the begining so think i should be happy

Stick with the Kerker.

It sounds way better in my opinion and the same with the majority of other people, not that it matters what others think.

Besides, you already have the kerker coming, try it out and see what you think.

I had the kerker first, but I was so hung up on the Dual look, so I bought a UFO 4-2, took it off a month later and went back to the kerker, because of sound, and sold ufo for a loss. but that was a 4-2 not his 4-1 which doesnt sound as good as the 4-2 IMHO

I dont know about the UFO but heard its not really adjustable in sound.. Dont get me wrong I love the sound of a loud and obnoxious pipe and will get a woody every once in awhile to remove the baffle out and piss off everyone within a 2 mile radius.. Garuntee the UFO isnt that loud. I usually run my custom 2.75 baffle,,, its uncommon but I will throw in the 1.5 on occasions if I dont wanna hear all the noise and have my ear drums rattled.. The best thing The Kerker Works and shows number improvements on the dyno.. Here is a clip to where its just at an idle.. STICK WITH THE Kerker 4-2-1..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkJZa3Nav30

I've heard both and the Kerker is MUCH better sounding than the UFO IMO.

Plus you don't have to buy something from Jon Cornell...

OK ya'll knew I was going to say that right? :biglaugh:

I dont know about the UFO but heard its not really adjustable in sound.. Dont get me wrong I love the sound of a loud and obnoxious pipe and will get a woody every once in awhile to remove the baffle out and piss off everyone within a 2 mile radius.. Garuntee the UFO isnt that loud. I usually run my custom 2.75 baffle,,, its uncommon but I will throw in the 1.5 on occasions if I dont wanna hear all the noise and have my ear drums rattled.. The best thing The Kerker Works and shows number improvements on the dyno.. Here is a clip to where its just at an idle.. STICK WITH THE Kerker 4-2-1..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkJZa3Nav30

That sounds great Lankee!!

My local guy who is doin the build for me has a bike setup w the kerker and ufo dragstars, He is gona let me hear both so i can make my decision this weekend!! Have to go see him anyways to p/u my rims for pc
Looked at the dyno no'#s and look like kerker make more power majority of the time!!

This is perfect.

You have an opportunity to listen to both.

Yea the keker, hindle, ufo, marks 4-1 all seem to make the most power the majority of the time. Also they are basically equivalent in the power they produce.

Between the two you are considering, go by looks and sound and dont consider the HP

couple other things you may want to consider is

-the ufo will amber/yellow in time, well the stainless will, not sure if your looking at ceramic coat. To some this is an issue

-kerker equires the removal of the center stand, ufo doesnt??

-as mentioned by someone else, kerker has three interchangable baffles, i guess the option would be nice, although ive never changed mine out from the race baffle.

My local guy who is doin the build for me has a bike setup w the kerker and ufo dragstars, He is gona let me hear both so i can make my decision this weekend!! Have to go see him anyways to p/u my rims for pc
Looked at the dyno no'#s and look like kerker make more power majority of the time!!

center stand and tabs were allready removed, Weight issues , and in anticipation of the kerker system. thanks for the advice though everyone always helpfull on this site will get some bike pics up as soon as its done. shoud be bad ass!!!

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with everyone else here. I just put my Kerker with a comp baffle on today....and wouldn't ever want another exhaust. I think that no other could compare with this sound!

OK guys!! Kerker wins!! Listened to both this weekend, kerker sounded ear drum rattling sick! This is gonna be one bad bike when its done. Thanks again for ur advice

I have the ufo 4 into 2--most wicked sound ever, very very deep, very strong, no doubt the best.

Latest posts

Back