UFO's DRAG STARR EXHAUST FOR 2009 VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragRex

Reaction score
I got a sneak peak of UFO's new 4-2-1 race system.:punk: It will be in production in a matter of days. :eusa_dance:The prototype is being tested now. UFO will also be marketing a snap in Fuel management system. Expect to see some serious HP and Torque numbers in just a few days. Ive already put my order in. Contact www.ufocycles.com for more information....

A message from Jon:

Thank you. I will be getting to the new ones very shortly. I am working on the shock link today and Tuesday. I just completed two VERY long days in the shop over the weekend. I heard there was some kind of football game over the weekend called the Superbowl or something. Hey, if it doesn't have handlebars or a Vmax logo on it , I don't know what you are talking about. Here are THE only spy photos of the first full race exhaust system for the Gen 2 Max. Keep in mind this is the prototype. All production tubing components will be one piece with no weld sectioning. Stock complete system weighed in @ 46#. UFO 4/1 DRAGSTARR system weights 18# complete with all components. We are fixturing and going straight to production. Wait till you see the dyno #s ! This is only one of several to come. Thanks for your interest, gotta go bend some tube. Jon.

Jon Cornell
UFO PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS
12650 Prospect Rd.
Strongsville, Ohio 44149
(440)582-2525
www.ufocycles.com
[email protected]

Attachments

• UFO DRAGSTARR FULL DARK with logo.jpg
    UFO DRAGSTARR FULL DARK with logo.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 151
  • UFO DRAGSTARR FULL RACE MEG with logo.jpg
    UFO DRAGSTARR FULL RACE MEG with logo.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 173
  • UFO DRAGSTARR LFT CENTER with logo.jpg
    UFO DRAGSTARR LFT CENTER with logo.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 117
  • UFO DRAGSTARR LFT CLOSE with logo.jpg
    UFO DRAGSTARR LFT CLOSE with logo.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 95
  • UFO DRAGSTARR LFT REAR with logo.jpg
    UFO DRAGSTARR LFT REAR with logo.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 102
  • UFO DRAGSTARR LFT SIDE with logo .jpg
    UFO DRAGSTARR LFT SIDE with logo .jpg
    87 KB · Views: 104
  • UFO DRAGSTARR RT FULL with logo.jpg
    UFO DRAGSTARR RT FULL with logo.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 144
  • UFO RT MERGE with logo.jpg
    UFO RT MERGE with logo.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 137
Very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing dyno numbers and pics of the finished product. :clapping:

That pipe end/ exhaust can would look appropriate on the gen1 vmax. It's only a prototype so maybe there's a better can planned for production. I'm sure the loss of weight(28 lbs) will be appreciated!
I too would prefer two cans for a balanced look. I sure one of the exhaust makers will make a nice 4 into 2 exhaust I before I get a '09.:confused2:

Last edited:
I'm no Cornell groupie by any means, his issues are known far and wide, but I can't say enough about how much I like the 4-2 on my Gen-1, it's a stainless model with polished cans and the workmanship is flawless, it's 3 years old and looks pristine on a daily driver with 40k on it, 22k since exhaust install....

Can't wait to hear this one....the Gen-2 I rode was WAY too quite.....

I'd like to hear more about the fuel management system.

Can't wait to see what this will do on a Dyno.Hopefully it will bring this thing to life..
And yes a 4-2 looks better.But 4-1's have always made a much better sound in some peps opinion.

The Fuel management is just like a power commander. It is plug and play. I believe it comes with a pre-defined program for the pipe that you purchase. UFO will have various versions of this program.

There will be a 4 into 2. I do believe there will be different muffler options as well. Ask UFO for more info on that.

UFO mentioned at 4-2-1 single can, 4-2-1 dual can, 4-2 and even just a replacement X-Over system just to remove the muffler/cat. With the X-over, you can use your OE mufflers. The OE are very light and pretty much straight through.

So, there will be many options tailered to suite most of our needs.

That is his own bike.

I wonder who's 09' it is his or someone else's bravery!
Chris

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Sorry but that's horrid looking pipe work. I hope he cleans it up a bit. This bike needs Ti pipes. It's too heavy as it is and every bit of weight you can remove from it can only help.

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Sorry but that's horrid looking pipe work. I hope he cleans it up a bit. This bike needs Ti pipes. It's too heavy as it is and every bit of weight you can remove from it can only help.

Original post...Qouted....

"Keep in mind this is the prototype. All production tubing components will be one piece with no weld sectioning"

I do agree about the can not going with the bike, i would personally like to see something along the lines of the triangular carbon fiber sort of cans like a lot of the naked sport bikes are getting nowadays...Round cans, or round megaphone shaped cans, are just to old school for theis new bike.....

I like a 4-2 or 4-1-2 system better as well.....

Not tryin to change the subject but I wonder if anyone has a video of UFO's 4-2-1 on a Gen1 bike. I'd like to here that compared to the 2009 vmax.

I like the Gen1 sound way more than the Gen2. Just my opinion. But hey I would take the Gen2 anyway I could get it lol
Thanks for the vid

I like the Gen1 sound way more than the Gen2. Just my opinion. But hey I would take the Gen2 anyway I could get it lol
Thanks for the vid

Yeah, gen 1 sounds better than gen 2 IMHO. Gen 2 has narrower "V" angle, different cam profile and timing.

Latest posts

Back