Under 1000RPM idle speed BAD? Low/no oil pressure??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nidyanazo

Reaction score
Hey I read its bad to set the idle under 1000rpm for fear of low/no oil pressure, so I've been keeping her at 1050-1150rpm...

Any definitive answers to that one?

Is it bad to let the rpms fall below 1000rpm?

No danger in going under 1K. Vmax is notorious for low pressure when hot and idling, but its not a problem as long as your getting pressure above idle. Get yourself an oil pressure gauge and do a search on the forum for the infamous o-ring popping at the pickup tube. You can always do the Morley high pressure oil kit too.

Hey I read its bad to set the idle under 1000rpm for fear of low/no oil pressure, so I've been keeping her at 1050-1150rpm...

Any definitive answers to that one?

Is it bad to let the rpms fall below 1000rpm?

I run both of mine at 1050 to 1100 rpm idle when warm just because I can see pressure on the gauges. Biggest problem Vmax's had were on the earlier models with the O-Ring popping out of place. I've done mods to both of my bikes with the Kawasaki O-Ring Mod and COO Popper Stopper. My 89 had already been modded with updated piping. The 89 also has a modified Pump. The pressure is 5 to 7 pounds higher than the standard pump in my 94.

Latest posts

Back