Unique Mod Pictures

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlaws justice

Reaction score
Ok, A few pictures of some of the different mods.

First are a couple pictures of the clutch lever with the bearing inserted. Details on this can be found in the V-Boost Magazine.

Second are a couple pictures of the Aluminum Teather (Dead Man Switch) I just removed it from the 95 and have not yet got it on the 98. I have forgotten where I got it, but I bought two. I was searching for teather switches on the net and came up with these.

Third is my Hella Horn, Nice and loud and a very east mod. You can even paint it to match the bike, My bike was red and it looked good, I might paint it black now.

Solid Aluminum Bar ends I got from Cycle-one Off on Rochester New York.

The last pics are of the Rare three piece Corbin Seat. It needs to be recovered, but it is still in the three piece configuration and works well.

Attachments

• Clutch 001 (Medium).jpg
    Clutch 001 (Medium).jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Clutch 003 (Medium).jpg
    Clutch 003 (Medium).jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Clutch 004 (Medium).jpg
    Clutch 004 (Medium).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Mods 001 (Medium).jpg
    Mods 001 (Medium).jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Mods 002 (Medium).jpg
    Mods 002 (Medium).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Mods 003 (Medium).jpg
    Mods 003 (Medium).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Mods 005 (Medium).jpg
    Mods 005 (Medium).jpg
    86 KB · Views: 187
  • Mods 008 (Medium).jpg
    Mods 008 (Medium).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Mods 004 (Medium).jpg
    Mods 004 (Medium).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 132
Now for the seat Pictures

Attachments

• Picture 039 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 039 (Medium).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 110
  • Picture 040 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 040 (Medium).jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Picture 041 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 041 (Medium).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Picture 042 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 042 (Medium).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 147
Well, nice mods that many can do and like it. The corbin is very old by the way and hans't been made like that in years but I am glad to see another one around.

Sean Morley

It looks like the grab bar was cut and the back rest was (mounted) added on. How is it held together, it looks like it should be welded at the joint. It's hard to tell.
I know the wife will want a back rest. She has not been on the back yet. Not sure at the moment how I will do it. I just want to be able to remove it and add it with out to much trouble.

Robbarrie said:
It looks like the grab bar was cut and the back rest was (mounted) added on. How is it held together, it looks like it should be welded at the joint. It's hard to tell.
I know the wife will want a back rest. She has not been on the back yet. Not sure at the moment how I will do it. I just want to be able to remove it and add it with out to much trouble.

No it is the stock Yamaha Backreast/Grab bar designed for the backrest. It takes about 10 minutes to change over from the stock grab bar to the backrest set up if you have a set of signals and reflector on both sets so as not to have to change that stuff over.

digging up another old thread, did corbin really make those seats or did they recover and reshape OEM pans?

They did a handfull of reshapes on OEM parts. probably customers bringing in the seats or shipping them in for work. They will work your seat the same day I think if you take it directly to them.

Sean

They did a handfull of reshapes on OEM parts. probably customers bringing in the seats or shipping them in for work. They will work your seat the same day I think if you take it directly to them.

Sean

so they didn't create a 3 piece system of their own, just re-did the oem pan and such.

Didn't even do the pan. Just stock seat reshaped and recovered much like myself and other companies do. They decided (as I am sure the max gasser did) that's it's easier to make sales when you don't have to rely on customer returning cores or telling them that it will take "X" number of weeks to get done and then try and keep track of them.

Plus with a complete new pan assembly you can charge more and get a different shape that the stock pan would not allow. Kind of like creating work for your employees to make a little more profit.

Trust me, dealing with customer cores is one of my biggest hassles and broken flips really bug me when the customer sends me one that is cracked or has bolts that won't come out. I ask to have them removed before the customer ships so they at least know before they send it to me if there is going to be an issue.

Sean

Didn't even do the pan. Just stock seat reshaped and recovered much like myself and other companies do. They decided (as I am sure the max gasser did) that's it's easier to make sales when you don't have to rely on customer returning cores or telling them that it will take "X" number of weeks to get done and then try and keep track of them.

Plus with a complete new pan assembly you can charge more and get a different shape that the stock pan would not allow. Kind of like creating work for your employees to make a little more profit.

Trust me, dealing with customer cores is one of my biggest hassles and broken flips really bug me when the customer sends me one that is cracked or has bolts that won't come out. I ask to have them removed before the customer ships so they at least know before they send it to me if there is going to be an issue.

Sean

makes sense to me!

The first time I took apart the flip section to send the drivers seat to sean the plastic on my flip section cracked. There were some nuts set in the plastic, the bolts were tight as hell and when I removed the bolts the plastic around the nuts cracked.

I noticed it was black abs plastic so I just used some abs pipe glue and it has been holding ever since.

Back