Universal Brake and Clutch Master cylinder reservoirs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep in mind that most modern sportbikes use a mechanical clutch and not hydraulic. You'll need to look for universal for the earlier bikes. The pitfalls you may run into are piston bores that are too small. On the Green bike build we ran into that and I ended up having to bore out the master for the clutch and use a brake piston assembly in it's place. So far it's seeming to work well.

Look for used sportbike units. Id use a name brand product over a chinese knockoff. I'm running a zx14 clutch master. Works great with the DD clutch mod

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

ZX14 clutch and brake masters can be bought at a reasonable price and pop up on eBay regularly. OEM quality means they are fit and forget. Chinese quality means fit and always wonder....ur choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a set of zx14 masters and some reservoirs. But don't forget you will also need mirror mounts as they are not included on this masters.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

There are more options. The later models of GSXR1000 also use hydraulic clutch.

I am on the hunt for a set of masters too, for rebuilding my old barn find. Both masters are junk. I looked at the ebay ones, but never could find anyone with personal experience.

can't remember what i have on mine. either an fz1 master or an fjr 1300. looks great and works awesome

Been thinking about replacing mine. Both are scratched up and a bit leaky and I like the idea of replacing the whole thing as a unit rather than trying to fix the leaks. Also, it'd be nice to swap out the big stock levers for something a little smaller and less clunky.

Can someone show me how these look mounted? I'm confused about the mirror mounts and where you install the reservoir.

Here's some we have offered.

Attachments

• 2011-10-05_17-08-26_812.jpg
    2011-10-05_17-08-26_812.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2850.JPG
    IMG_2850.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Masters Black - Gold.jpg
    Masters Black - Gold.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 44
Do they have the mirror thread/mount on them? I like em! You have chrome ones?

No, the fjr do but not the sportbikes. We can chrome them. For mirrors either run bar ends or i have separate clamps that have mirror mounts in them (though havent tried them yet)

Attachments

• FJG Masters 2.jpg
    FJG Masters 2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20140321_162257_295.jpg
    IMG_20140321_162257_295.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20130319_155219_735-1.jpg
    IMG_20130319_155219_735-1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 33
I got your email and will reply back shortly. I think I have a chrome cup set on hand and should have masters on hand (though not chromed).

Back