Universal gear indicator switch install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
First things first, gotta thank Ost85vmax for sending me this switch setup... I really appreciate it bud!!:clapping: The first thing I did was to get the sensors figured out and I gotta also thank NHVmaxpower for his review and install because it saved me some time because he gave the tip about using double sided tape on the sensors and putting the magnet in the rubber boot right behind the shift lever. My sensors weren't as touchy though and I had to space mine closer to get it to work right, I highly suggest just wiring it temporary so you can see it work and adjust the sensors to get them in the right spot, mine wanted about an inch apart just like the instructions said. All I did tonight was get the sensors positioned and mount the actual gauge (all the way at the top attached to the right of my wideband gauge) tomorrow I'll wire it up... Like everyone else has said the wires are really thin so be careful! I had it hooked up temporary and ran it through the gears on the jack and it works fine.. Thanks again Ost85Vmax for hooking me up with it!!

Attachments

• IMAG0868.jpg
    IMAG0868.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 133
  • IMAG0869.jpg
    IMAG0869.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMAG0870.jpg
    IMAG0870.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMAG0871.jpg
    IMAG0871.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMAG0872.jpg
    IMAG0872.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 113
Looks cool. I've been so busy installing my wideband system that I haven't gotten around to putting mine in yet, but I will get there soon!

Looks cool. I've been so busy installing my wideband system that I haven't gotten around to putting mine in yet, but I will get there soon!

Compared to the wideband this is a snap :) I'm sure you'll get it knocked out soon

Latest posts

Back