Universal slip on adapter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great set up but I haven't seen anyone doing it. No horses to gain with the stock headpipes. Most everyone goes with aftermarket slip ons or full exhaust. I'm sure they could be fabricated though... IMHO, it would open a lot of possibilities looks wise...

That's a great set up but I haven't seen anyone doing it. No horses to gain with the stock headpipes. Most everyone goes with aftermarket slip ons or full exhaust. I'm sure they could be fabricated though... IMHO, it would open a lot of possibilities looks wise...

Yeah, it's all about the sound and look for me, and I figured some sort of adapter could work out quite cheap, as there are lots of universal cans out there, as well as step-down diameter adapters etc, so most sportsbike cans could be fitted.

I've maybe got a couple of old slip-ons that will have a connector similar to what you are wanting. Virtually all the slip-on brands use a similar setup.

Sean

Any idea what diameter they step down too? You think it would be possible to bolt on a can if one could be found the right size? Don't they need about 2 inches of "straight" pipe to slip onto?

I might be interested if you have a matching pair, and you wouldn't mind measuring the diameter, I have an idea, but not sure if it will work.

Thanks Sean

They don't make them any more, but the Two Brothers set-up for the Max was a seperate midpipe so you could put any can on them.

Latest posts

Back