Unlucky rider in FL

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I was on my way home from work today and saw an accident scene. It was just south of Ft. Lauderdale, in Dania. A medium-sized car was in the middle of the intersection, and when I drove past, I saw a blue sportbike in pieces underneath and beside the car.

I didn't get a long-enough look to ID the bike, but it looked like the bike was cut in-two. The wheels weren't attached to the same frame anymore. The bike was in pieces.

The ambulance and the fire truck were no-longer on scene, it was just accident investigation and traffic control. I watched the news to see if there was anything about a fatality, but nothing reported. Maybe the rider was thrown clear of hitting the car. Usually if there's a fatality, they shut-down the road for hours to do the accident investigation, but I didn't see that here.

AGATT, be safe, be defensive, and don't ride under the influence. I see many sportbike riders not wearing helmets, in this case, who knows?

Must have been a substantial hit or secondary hit! I've watched some racing wrecks that have wheels and other bits come off and those were wicked high speed affairs. The rider sounds like one lucky individual!

I hope he had a lid at least, I impounded more than a few bikes that bad to be swept up after dragging the big part into the FB and throwing other big parts on in front of it. Shockingly some of these guys/gals live through it. If they live and are not in the hospital the first thing they want to do is come see the bike remnants. I have had some sobering conversations about gear.

We here in the Northeast are supposed to be the worse drivers in the nation...but after spending time in south FL , they are by far , the WORST , most distracted , most disconnected drivers I've ever come across . They literally , scare the shit out of me...:blink000:...to the point of not wanting to bring my bike down there to ride...:th_scared:

We here in the Northeast are supposed to be the worse drivers in the nation...but after spending time in south FL , they are by far , the WORST , most distracted , most disconnected drivers I've ever come across . They literally , scare the shit out of me...:blink000:...to the point of not wanting to bring my bike down there to ride...:th_scared:

I recently got a class A CDL and it has changed my whole perspective on driving. Here in MD to get a regular class C license you don't have to parallel park anymore. Just have to be able to back into a parking spot. To get my CDL I had parallel park a 47' tractor trailer!!

I just watched a mattress fly of the back of a pick-up truck and hit a biker without a helmet. Took his bike out from under him as yes he landed on the mattress.

In my experience population density is the most significant factor in quality of drivers. Some states are worse than others, CA and WA being the worst I have seen but I have never been all the way East. Staying away from cities and metro areas has been a very effective way to get the most out of motorcycle ownership and minimize dealing with shitty drivers. Yea, FL seems pretty bad but havnt spent much time there.

Back