Unsatisfactory lighting with new bulb

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the lens diffraction pattern isn't for those bulbs? Read about using a relay to feed the bulb. Eastern Beaver New Products, USB and PC-8 Kits They also have cool fuse panels if you want to add circuits, safely.

I actually gave that a thought myself. Would it not be easier to replace the Lens with something clear? if that is at all possible? instead of using relays?

With a stock set up all of the current travels thru the switch which is not ideal and you loose quite a bit depending on the condition of the switch. Using a relay puts all of the available current to the bulb. You will notice quite a bit of difference.

Thanks for the info!
I guess another thing to add to the allready long and expensive winter mod list 😭

I am unsure as how to get room. The headlight is allready Very cramped with that new Led bulb

How about some clear glass lens/protector for the headlight. Anyone has any experience with that? If it helps?

We sell a simple kit that uses a standard H4 bulb with higher output (100/140 vs 55/60 watts). We supply a ceramic connector to deal with the increased heat.
ALSO,
Note that there is a mid position that will let you turn on the low and high beams at the same time. Takes a bit to get used to but it works well and gets a lot fuller light output.

I've been looking around a little bit now and this i've found a company that seems to make some decent lights that does not break the bank.
Has anyone tried the Hogworkz LED lights yet?
https://hogworkz.com/5-3-4-black-harley-halomaker-headlight.html
This 5 3/4 light "should" fit directly into the stock headlight seeing as they are the same size. I'll have to measure to make sure there's enough depth clearance though.

A 5-3/4" light should work. You might want to compare the interior mounting of whatever it is that you're considering, as there is a H-D lamp that doesn't fit though it's supposed to be a same size as Yamaha. It's a proprietary design with a unique bulb/lens mounting diameter and hardware. I think it's called Allure, or something like that. The housing comes to a point like a funnel but a closed end.

An older post:

https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/aftermarket-headlight-please-post-some-pics.40974

Yep, I have a hogworkz daymaker. Love it. Bright as hell. May work in an oem bucket with modification. I think someone on here did it. I got a led bucket from ebay and modded it to work with oem mounts. I think it looks as good if not better than the stock.
Thread 'LED headlights' LED headlights

Attachments

• 20201219_165931.jpg
    20201219_165931.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Yep, I have a hogworkz daymaker. Love it. Bright as hell. May work in an oem bucket with modification. I think someone on here did it. I got a led bucket from ebay and modded it to work with oem mounts. I think it looks as good if not better than the stock.
Thread 'LED headlights' LED headlights

That looks nice! is that 7" or 5,75"? pretty hard to tell from the picture. Ive been looking at getting black bucket too. they look to pair very well on your bike

Its 5.75". Just a bit smaller than the oem but the instrument cowl helps hide the gap up top. I was gonna get the chrome to but it was out of stock so I tried the black and glad I did.

Nice. i'll order one of those i think. A bit shite since i allready spent like 180$ on some philips LED bulbs, but the reflectors in the OEM one does not seem to work well with it.

Do you have a Relay mounted on yours or do you not need one?

If you add a relay to your bike for the headlight you will be glad you did. More volts to the headlamp.

Latest posts

Back