Upcoming surgery

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnMax/Magniac

Reaction score
Cycle-istiC will be closed the last 2 weeks of March. I am having surgery, and will be in the hospital for 7-10 days. It is a long procedure, and I will be under anesthesia for about 8 hours. Assuming I wake up afterwards, things will continue as normal, and Cycle-istiC will be back in business on April 1st. Any orders placed in the meantime through Paypal will be shipped at that time. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I don't really have a choice in the matter. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Dobie
www.cycle-istic.com

Anesthesia has become such a great science instead of the art form it used to be, I wish you a speedy and comfortable recovery and hope it all goes your way.

Make sure they dont skimp on the MS!

I just read this a moment after I placed my order but no worries, I can easily wait a couple weeks or more. Take your time and get better.

Anesthesia has become such a great science instead of the art form it used to be, I wish you a speedy and comfortable recovery and hope it all goes your way.

Make sure they dont skimp on the MS!

I just read this a moment after I placed my order but no worries, I can easily wait a couple weeks or more. Take your time and get better.

Not a problem, Tony. We are working as usual through this Friday, so will ship tomorrow. After Friday, we'll be closed til the end of the month.

Good luck! Been under the knife a number of times and it's always amazing to me at how much an incision can hurt. Hopefully the end product is what counts and gets you where you want to be.

Thanks all, for your good thoughts and wishes. Here is the latest: The tumor was successfully removed, and pathology showed a clear perimeter, so that's good. However, a sampling of 28 lymph nodes showed 2 with signs of cancer cells, so I will have to undergo some chemotherapy. They are pretty sure it has not spread to any other organs, so the hope is that chemo will kill any remaining cancer cells. Fingers crossed.

Glad your back! I know chemo does it's thing pretty well. Glad they got the bulk of it out, chemo seems to have a pretty decent success rate but the SE might range from inconvenient to significant. Luckily you live in CA and have some highly effective medicinal options for treating chemo SE that patients in most other states do not yet have. Glad your ok and the prognosis sounds positive.

Oh yea, I love the rack/backrest! darn nice items!

If your margins are good (the area around the CA, unaffected by it) and they found only two 'sentinel' lymph nodes having CA, then you're well-along the way to being effectively treated. The chemo will cause some side effects, but the alternative is much-worse. Follow their directions and it sounds like your pt care plan will be successful.

I lost 20 pounds over the 2 weeks I was in the hospital. I look like a half-empty laundry bag. For those with a morbid sense of curiosity, here's a pic of the incision just after the staples came out. Do a google search on "Whipple surgery" to see what they did.

Attachments

• P1020444.JPG
    P1020444.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 12
Back