UPDATE 3/22: Tim Nash of Gurued Gear's own words, Cancer free!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know this giant of a man, but everybody deserves to be healthy. I’ll pray for Tim’s recovery and for his family to stay strong and brave. He’ll need your support and faith that the best moments in his life are still coming. I’ll also ask my big family (First Church Love - Home) to pray together for you guys. I strongly believe when people unite for the sake of somebody God cares for that person even more. I know it’s hard to pass through such a situation, but God is with you and will give you powers. I’ve been in a similar situation with my friend (breast cancer), and I do understand what you’re going through.

Update from Tim's wife 1/19:

I wanted to share our extraordinary ordinary day. Tim has been home for 6 days. His body has been busy. We went for his second blood test with NO BLASTS this morning!!! Thank you, Jesus!!! His other counts are balancing out and coming up. God is so good!!! We need a new hot water tank and want a family size, snuggle sofa so we did some shopping. I never imagined I would consider a trip to Lowe's a blessing, but I did! I love this man! I am so thankful to be with him! It really is the little things! I am so thankful Tim's feeling a little better each day! His boys are thankful too but always in their underwear at home. I can never get a picture.
🫣
🫣
We are both grateful that Aunt Melitta Beth Nash loves us and stays with the boys as we come and go, she and Monica are our support squad! We are all expecting a miracle next week as Tim has his final bone marrow biopsy at Moffitt. Please pray he remains Leukemia free with nothing brewing in those bones. Our God is the God of possible! Kari

Update from Tim's wife 1/19:

I wanted to share our extraordinary ordinary day. Tim has been home for 6 days. His body has been busy. We went for his second blood test with NO BLASTS this morning!!! Thank you, Jesus!!! His other counts are balancing out and coming up. God is so good!!! We need a new hot water tank and want a family size, snuggle sofa so we did some shopping. I never imagined I would consider a trip to Lowe's a blessing, but I did! I love this man! I am so thankful to be with him! It really is the little things! I am so thankful Tim's feeling a little better each day! His boys are thankful too but always in their underwear at home. I can never get a picture.
🫣
🫣
We are both grateful that Aunt Melitta Beth Nash loves us and stays with the boys as we come and go, she and Monica are our support squad! We are all expecting a miracle next week as Tim has his final bone marrow biopsy at Moffitt. Please pray he remains Leukemia free with nothing brewing in those bones. Our God is the God of possible! Kari

God be with you all. :)

O

Update from Tim's wife yesterday:

Even when we're full of doubt, God is working! In our sadness, God is there. We have prayed, cried, laughed, begged, borrowed, bartered, and sometimes denied our way through the past 4 months. Tim is in remission but to remain that way further treatment is required. The doctors at Moffitt recommend a Bone Marrow Transplant as his first option. Tim's older brother Barry Barber was a full match and agreed to be his donor (
πŸ™
my heart ). The second option was another round of chemo and a genetic test ( MRD ) to find any residual disease and monitoring. Tim chose chemo and testing before committing to the transplant. So, we are at Moffitt today and Tim is going through set-up and testing for out-patient chemo, starting this afternoon. As we are waiting for his next procedure, his phone rings. It's a study group here at Moffitt that wanted to reach him about another option. Another option, right at the last minute. That's God!!! Those possibilities are God!!! Please pray for Tim and his healing, pray this option is the answer blessed by God!!! Pray that God will bless the hands and minds of his doctors and Tim's blood can be completely restored!!! We're still laughing, this man cracks me up! I'll update as we know more. Thank you everyone for your support and prayers! Kari

Back