Updated "new" Max picture

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
At least in this photo, the old style seat i son it and it now has a headlight. A step forward from the one that debuted at the Bike show. Still has the 2 stupid rads though..:ranting2:

Yamaha_new_V_Max_r.JPG

It also has passenger pegs and turn signals. Just doesn't feel right and someone might have doctored it up. That headlight, seat and rear fender have got to go. The seat is no different than the old one, round like a log, up high and uncomfortable looking. That small rad doesn't make any sense unless it's used for something all together different.

Mike

Re: Updated "new" Max picture

It will look different than that, the exhaust will have variable back pressure for sure, this seat is just added by someone good at editing, the head light is from a worrier which could be possible, they have to keep cost down to make it compete with other bikes.
I wish they leave the color of the engine as it was and not all black

will it have a O-ring issue?:D
________
Zetros

Last edited:
But Ibrahim, it's SO much fun changing coolant!

:bullshit:

Mark

That looks like a photochop. Any link to the original article. Still do not like the high tail.

I just noticed now that the front exhaust port is angled to the side rather than coming out straight. So much for using an old aftermarket exhaust. Everything will have to be redesigned. :30: Although I'm starting to like the look of the exhaust cans.

Buster Hymen said:
I just noticed now that the front exhaust port is angled to the side rather than coming out straight. So much for using an old aftermarket exhaust. Everything will have to be redesigned. :30: Although I'm starting to like the look of the exhaust cans.
I really like the exhausts and they are a matched set to the intake scoops, which are functional. Never did care for that single exhaust look being held up by a clamp around the can. No doubt Yamaha isn't going to show the real thing before it hits the show rooms. Why let the whole cat out of the bag so others can copy or improve on what they have?

Whatever it looks like, I'm hoping that it occupies the same spot in the marketplace that the original did. It has to be the hardest accelerating production motorcycle on the planet. No other reason to build it.

1FK00 said:
Whatever it looks like, I'm hoping that it occupies the same spot in the marketplace that the original did. It has to be the hardest accelerating production motorcycle on the planet. No other reason to build it.

Even if they make it the fastest 1/4 miler, how long is it going to hold that title? The ZX-14 is already a 9.0 second machine and to get down into the 8's is no smal feat and have it streetable at the same time. 20 some years ago was a different story and they (US) clamped down on non-US bikes over 700cc just to save the old tractor ahhhh I mean the Harley. Harley's drag bike, which is not street legal, is already slower than the ZX-14, if I remember right, and costs $35,000? We might be surprised at the new model and what they are going to offer. I'd like to see it lose a 100lbs, have twice the grunt of the old one, 5 speed with 5th gear being an overdrive or 6 speed trany. All the other goodies will just be a plus for me. I wish they would hurry up and get it done, I'm not a patient grandfather. :) :6:

Here's a concept picture of the "new" Vmax motor in a sportsbike frame and body.

Yamaha_VMR_1000r.JPG

mikemax04 said:
Even if they make it the fastest 1/4 miler, how long is it going to hold that title?

It doesn't matter how long it would hold the title, jut so it does initially. If it's geared to accelerate and has enough wheelbase to keep the front end down, it will get a reputation just like the original.

Any kind of performance is transitory. I remember when most of the bike rags thought that there would never be a faster bike than the ZX-11.

Latest posts

Back