Upgrade front breaks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Medic this was very helpful. If you don’t mind what did this cost assuming you did the work yourself and where you got the parts?

I'm not sure what Sean is selling his kits for, I got mine second hand from Captain Kyle. I would guess that Sean is somewhere in the $400 range for the kits, but you'd have to contact him for that. Keep in mind you will also need the later Gen1 Vmax rotors (93+) and I would strongly recommend the braided steel hoses also available from Sean. Those go for about 120 bucks.

It is not a cheap upgrade, but it is very much worth every penny. Trust me.

Last edited:
BTW, I believe Sean also has the R1 4 pot upgrade available as well. But, if you're going down this path, why not go for the gusto?

I recently sold a 90 with the blue dot two pot calipers. Braking was good, but not really noticeably better than with the original single pot units.

The Hayabusa units are in another class. Trust me. (Wait wait, didn't I already say that..?)

Thanks max all the info it has been very helpful. If I’m going to really upgrade i think I’ll spend a little time looking at as many options as I can find. I have tolerated these original “brakes” , for our English teacher, for 30 years and I guess I can a while longer to make the I make the right decision. Thanks for your help. The nam is Bill

does anyone know if 2 piston calipers and rotors can bolt up to 86 fork tubes?
Super light Commander 3s or other and light Weight rotors and Titaium bolts make brakes work phenomenally well crappy looking or not.

Latest posts

Back