Upgrade to seat cover material - what's best?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huw s

Reaction score
I'm considering recovering my vmax seat, maybe including a gel pack. But what cover material to use? Bearing in mind I'm in the Uk - the wet part of it at that, so it needs to be wipe dry.

You want to use a Marine grade vinyl. UV resistant thread. And stainless staples.
That should be easy for you to-find, a sailmaker's loft or a marine upholstery business in your neck of the woods, huw s. Or do you have a Consew or a JUKI sitting in the building?

When you're dealing with tradesmen, you need to ask appropriate questions. If they cannot answer to your satisfaction, seek another tradesman. "Yeah, we can do that," while verbally reassuring, the example of their craftsmanship you hold in your hands and examine should tell you what you need to-know. Or, if it's a well-known shop specializing in motorcycle seats, their descriptions of materials according to what Sean described, are questions to-be asked, and to-be answered, to the potential customer's satisfaction, if it's a mail-order business.

Of course we can provide modified seats and have done many of them for customers over the years. Lots of examples in the Morleys Muscle Facebook Page in the Seats Photo Album.

Latest posts

Back