VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamax

Reaction score
Hi again,
The title tells it all:

4-2 ( or 4-1 ) Mark's exhaust system ( sounds awsome )
Dynojet Stage 7 jet kit with individual filters
Nology spark plug wires
Velcro hook and loop patch for the seat and my jeans

I am not biased towards a particular brand ( yet ) so feel free to express your opinion/suggestion.
Thank you

1. marks exhaust seems to be a big hitter here
2. that or morleys
3. i feel like the general consensus here is the stock ones are pretty good.
4. what??

1) Honestly I tend to lean towards Marks exhaust after reading some posts. Initially I was thinking about Delkevic slip-ons ( endorsed by a good gain on a dyno sheet ).

2) What is the actual difference, I never used Morleys kit - probably I need to hear/read more.

3) More reading maybe or keep stock

4) To keep my butt to the seat... just kidding...

Definitly not Delkevic, i've had an oportunity to look into inside them.
Stock exhaust have better flow then delkevic...

I just ordered Marks 4-2-1 and im running with dynojet stage 7, k&n's and dyna3000 so i can post you some results soon.

What i can say for know that Mark offerig the cheapest full system and its stainless.

It is mainly about performance more than anything else. The sound and looks are important too, but come next. I could not find the secret potion endorsed with Dyno proof ( sounds familiar ?) and I wished I could find it regarding the exhaust gain and the jet kit gain.

Satariel666, are you going to dynotest your bike?

It is mainly about performance more than anything else. The sound and looks are important too, but come next. I could not find the secret potion endorsed with Dyno proof ( sounds familiar ?) and I wished I could find it regarding the exhaust gain and the jet kit gain.

Satariel666, are you going to dynotest your bike?

Ha i wish but in PL? No way...
Theres only one motorcycle dyno and its far far away form the place where i live.
You will find many car dynos here but only one(at least what i know) motorcycle dyno.

Ha i wish but in PL? No way...
Theres only one motorcycle dyno and its far far away form the place where i live.
You will find many car dynos here but only one(at least what i know) motorcycle dyno.

Now here's a good idea for a business venture! Let's get a mobile dyno and go tour Poland - and a few neighbouring countries. :clapping:

Who's up for it? :punk:

Well Prizmek, it would cost a fortune to ship my dyno to you but I bet you would have fun with it. It is portable but no sniffer (haven't bought that option yet).

Sean

Well Prizmek, it would cost a fortune to ship my dyno to you but I bet you would have fun with it. It is portable but no sniffer (haven't bought that option yet).

Sean
Well my firend, its not out of the question :)

Ill plan to start my own bisness next year. Machine and mechanical shop.
I already have much work witch motorcycles but its rather hobby or friend to friend work, or firends of my friends LOL

I cant start that bisness myself, need to fight for europen dotations and they can give you 6-10k$ for start the bisnes and you dont even pay it back!
But in one condition, you must stay on the market and dont get bankrupcy
within 1 year.
Im curently working with bisness plan and some papers. Damm buraeucracy...

Sean, what the "sniffer" means?

Now here's a good idea for a business venture! Let's get a mobile dyno and go tour Poland - and a few neighbouring countries. :clapping:

Who's up for it? :punk:
Tunning bikes is not very popular job in PL. Tunning cars? Yes!

There are some bike dynos in Chech and Germany but Poland seems to not intrestes in this.

On dyno in Warsaw they charge about 100$ for single run...

Sniffer is my reference for the O2 measuring device. Check out Dayton Dyno. Mine is the 225rwhp machine. http://www.daytondyno.com/webpage200hp.html

We bought a shop mounted dyno and converted it to make it mobile (used a grand am rear axle). Turned out pretty good. Still haven't played with it much but finally found the rest of my brain components to get it up and running.

Not sure what it would cost to ship it back and forth but I might be willing?? I am sure it would cost a fortune. Looking at probably 2000lbs and approx size of a small honda.

Sean

Haven't had experience with those slip-ons. They look to be nicely constructed. Can't quite make out the graph and nothing on their website. looks like maybe a 3-5 hp gain but it would be nice to see the A/F chart with it and see if they did any tuning or if it was a true slip-on.

Still can't compare to a full header.

Sean

Sniffer is my reference for the O2 measuring device. Check out Dayton Dyno. Mine is the 225rwhp machine. http://www.daytondyno.com/webpage200hp.html

We bought a shop mounted dyno and converted it to make it mobile (used a grand am rear axle). Turned out pretty good. Still haven't played with it much but finally found the rest of my brain components to get it up and running.

Not sure what it would cost to ship it back and forth but I might be willing?? I am sure it would cost a fortune. Looking at probably 2000lbs and approx size of a small honda.

Sean
So about 1500$ for shipping LOL yeah that can kill :)
But it still not out of the question, but not yet :)

Haven't had experience with those slip-ons. They look to be nicely constructed. Can't quite make out the graph and nothing on their website. looks like maybe a 3-5 hp gain but it would be nice to see the A/F chart with it and see if they did any tuning or if it was a true slip-on.

Still can't compare to a full header.

Sean
I have ones laying around in trash. Wanna some pics inside? LOL
I can cut them out :D

Na, no need to cut them out. Thank you for volunteering to cut them though.
I already made up my mind for a complete 4-2, probably Marks, they sound just awesome.

I have the Marks and they DO sound great. The only downfall is they reduce ground clearance some. Of course my bike is lowered a lot and I am a fat ass...

lol

Chris

I agree with you 4gasem, it sounds great and I heard it performs great too.
BTW, nice avatar
:punk:

How would I get a price shipped to Canada for a marks exaust?I got a bone stock 2000 vmax and I'm looking to do a few upgrades,I'm having a tough time surfing the net and finding stuff do you guys have any suggestions about what upgrades I should do?Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Latest posts

Back