Upper cylinder color?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slamfire

Reaction score
I'm thinking about painting my motor this weekend since its giving rain.

The only real bad part is the upper cylinders under the valve covers. They have basicly started turning white from the lack of paint.

On a 97 would the upper cylinders be gloss black or flat? Any tips? The motor is still in the frame?

:ummm:

I don't know the exact color code, but to me it looks more like a satin black on the engine than a gloss or flat. Many have carefully taped-off the engine and painted it in the frame. Taping will take you longer than painting.

I don't think mine has ever been painted and it it one of the earliest ones ever made. A friend told me he painted his with this and it was a little glossier than original. Mine just arrived today and will update.

Attachments

• CIMG1468.jpg
    CIMG1468.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 31
I used rustoleum gloss black engine enamel and very small paint brush from hobby lobby, six pack of beer, my favorite tunes and did both sides in a few hours....on the head only...keep a rag and finger nail polish remover to correct mistakes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 35
That looks good. So you didn't mask it off or anything? how many coats?

Back