Upper shock mount tie downs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warbeast

Reaction score
I have seen these things before for the cargo nets on my friends max at work but can't find them anywhere on the interwebs. I don't know what they are called, otherwise I wouldn't be in this situation, but would appreciate if anyone could help me find where I can get them. They mount on the outside of the upper shock mount and have a bracket with four or five holes on them to mount cargo nets to.:ummm:

Those are nice, however, None of those are the ones I am looking for.

I know what you're talking about, they are no longer made but come up on e bay once in a great while. Think they are called tie down lugs.

I wanted some but ended up with Tom's at COO....they are high quality and work well.

I think I've seen these also... They look almost like a set of "brass nuckles" so to speak... I saw these browsing through the gallery a few years back, looked for a while and never found anything. I have some really tight polishable alum. that I was gonna try to fab a set outta but can't even find the pic again for the reference to start em... Is that what you saw ?

I believe I have the ones you are talking about. I got them from a machine shop that was selling on eBay in late '05 or early '06. I looked through my feedback to try and figure out who it was, but the sellers name does not seem familiar. They may have changed their name over the years or are no longer a registered user.

Here's a pic of the part for your reference:

Attachments

• dsc00080 (2).jpg
    dsc00080 (2).jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 27
I have a set powdercoated in candy red if that catches your fancy. Let me know if your interested and I can send you some pics. Patmax

Those are it G Man. If you end up fabbing some, ou812, let me know how much you would want for a set.

Thad

Sure thing... Maybe I'll try this week sometime. Gonna try to use a plasma cutter, if that works, won't be bad. Never cut alum. with one, but ... They don't look too involved at any rate... I'll get back with ya.

Latest posts

Back