Upper throttle cables

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OU812

Reaction score
Well... Gonna be changin' out both top throttle cables here within the next few days... Any tips ? Is this a pain ? Any suggestions wold be GREATLY appreciated. Nice here in Oh. and don't wanna down for long ... Gotta be springs n #@it in there...:bang head: Thanks ... Also, did the "do it yourself" seat mod... Came out like a pro thanks to a friend of mine that is in the buisness. Only took bout' an hour & a half. Will try to get a pic on here...

Attachments

• DSC02280.jpg
    DSC02280.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 19
uppers are simple. Junction box is under the left scoop and plastic electronics mount. Lowers are a bit more complicated. The braided cables we sell are 1 piece (and not two) and are tougher to install since they run the full length.

Sean

To fasten lowers to carbs it's easiest to remove carbs and use a needle noser pliers.

I sell Motion pro cables (go to thier website and check out the various types). I have one SS speedo cable on hand but I don't think I have any throttle cables at the moment (but as always I can get more - lol).

Sean

Just completed this job 2 weeks ago..

Motion Pro is VERY SLOW in shipping expect atleast 5-7 working days.

Yep, sometimes. I stock a few things to help save that for those in a rush but most have working cables and a few extra days for quality made parts is worth the wait.

Sean

Oh I agree Motionpro are the ones you want to use for cables and throttles. They have great qaulity but the dude I spoke with was kinda of a pecker head and the shipping they fucked up on. I asked them to ship USPS and they sent UPS which UPS are slower then shit!
USPS it would have arrived on Friday is when I needed them for race day rather UPS drug there ass as usual and arrived Monday.

Do it myself seat mod...

Got not one comment on how the seat came out here... You guys approve or what ?

Attachments

• DSC02280.jpg
    DSC02280.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 31
I'm going to be replacing both throttle cables as mine are in HORRIBLE condition. How did it go when you replaced them?

Back