USD fork extensions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdeitz1979

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone on here is running them? I seen cycle one-off has some,which have definitely peaked my interest. I figure I would ask here, and see what I can get for feedback and advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just installed mine but havent had a chance for a ride until over Easter. I got some 2003 R1 forks off ebay, sent to Sean to respring. He sent over the forks, triple trees and bearings to make it work. The stock brakes and wheel (I already have radial tires) will fit up, he included the axel. I next need to get a fender, although I think he has a bracket that can make the stock fender work.

I have read that the OEM forks with springs and radial tires are the most cost efficient way to go, which is what I had previously run. However, I t-boned a car and the forks were slightly bent so decided to just do the USD instead of replacing the stock forks.

Attachments

• USD.jpg
    USD.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 51
Yes, I use them on a set of Gen2 Busa USD forks.

What kind of feedback/advice are you looking for?

Attachments

• DSC06119.jpg
    DSC06119.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 42
Any feedback. Install looks easy on it for sure. I guess vendors and costs. I see cyceoneoff has some. I have the triples on and sits low, looking to get some height back. Looking for any info good or bad, or even opinions. Front feel rigid ?

Install was easy.

I went with Billet Bike Bits because that is who made my triple.

My opinion is that most USD forks are too short and need to run fork extensions, even with a dropped triple. Otherwise, the bike sits too low and the front tire is too close to the radiator.

My front end feels quite rigid.

Straight forward install (at least the ones we sell are). Just some range of extension depends on how much untapered area you have above the lower clamp. You can't lower more then it will still allow full clamp up.

I have the cycleoneoff set-up, and pretty much had to use the extensions to get the front wheel far enough away from the radiator to still have full suspension travel. As shown the fender does look close.

Attachments

• 20160717_152400.jpg
    20160717_152400.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20180120_150442.jpg
    20180120_150442.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 46
I have the cycleoneoff set-up, and pretty much had to use the extensions to get the front wheel far enough away from the radiator to still have full suspension travel. As shown the fender does look close.

That’s a sweet bike!

Thank you guys for sharing information. I’m definitely getting some, just wanted to see what everyone running them thought of them. I’m almost done modifying mine, so I’ll post pics when it’s all complete.

Looking forward to seeing your setup, this mod is one I have wanted to do but have not had the money or motivation at the same time to pull the trigger.

What length rear shocks are you guys running with USD front forks? I also have the welded up rear raidal tire. Still my front seems a bit too low for my taste. I currently have Progressive 930s 13" in the rear at lowest setting and thinking of going down to 12" but dont want to hurt cornering too much. Bike already sits pretty upright on side stand so will need to grind a bit off the stop.

What length rear shocks are you guys running with USD front forks? I also have the welded up rear raidal tire. Still my front seems a bit too low for my taste. I currently have Progressive 930s 13" in the rear at lowest setting and thinking of going down to 12" but dont want to hurt cornering too much. Bike already sits pretty upright on side stand so will need to grind a bit off the stop.

I have 11”s in the rear. The bike sits low, and I’d like to correct the stance but that’s a project for another time. I have a set of fork extensions I picked up for Sean Morley, and believe that they are 2” ones. I have a good stance, it’s just low. I’m not a tall guy, so reaching the ground flat footed is achievable lol. There is a billet bits fork set up you can get that will get you back to where you need to be in the front, and then ya have to sort out the rear still. Now, I do have a already shortened kick stand if you are interested

36f4f21610777414991fff1adbf19512.jpg

Thanks for the pic. Looks good. I dont think I can use fork extensions as I am using R1 forks and there is a taper on the bottom triple tree that would prevent me from going any higher. So only recourse right now is to lower the rear by 1" as I have 13' progressives. Hoping to find some cheap 12" to give them a try. What brand rear shocks are you running?

I have changed the light to a vrod and gotten rid of the windshield so looks cleaner up front.

Attachments

• USD.jpg
    USD.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 24
Sean, if yopur referring to me, yes. Those are your extentions. With the front radial tire, the front sits a bit low so wanting to lower the rear a bit as per my email request. No big issue.

Back