USD forks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumblethump

Reaction score
You guys running the R1 forks from Cycleoneoff
tell whats good or bad about them please.

I run the Cycle One Off R1 forks on SnowMax and love them. To break it down for you:

Upside:

1) Great handling improvement
2) Makes the front end look awesome
3) HUGE improvement over the stock front end in all aspects

Downside:

1) Don't know of any yet to be honest.

Cost was definately in line with the product received. Tom is great to work with and will assist you all the way with your decision. Know that the price tag does look daunting, but trust me you will be happy in the end.

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

The stock late model forks are GREAT IMO with some mods. For one they need lowered, #2 re-sprung, #3 some good 15wt oil helps too. Add some cartridge emulators and you have one HELL of a good fork setup for a lot less than a conversion.

Check out Race-Tech for all your fork needs.

To me on the Vmax the USD's are more for bling then anything.

The bling factor is HIGH with them. I like the looks of the forks but the top triple just doesn't do it for me. I would like to know how much lighter the whole package is over a stock setup like I posted. Trees and all. I doubt they are and if they are I bet it's not by much.

The stock late model forks are GREAT IMO with some mods. For one they need lowered, #2 re-sprung, #3 some good 15wt oil helps too. Add some cartridge emulators and you have one HELL of a good fork setup for a lot less than a conversion.

Check out Race-Tech for all your fork needs.

To me on the Vmax the USD's are more for bling then anything.

The bling factor is HIGH with them. I like the looks of the forks but the top triple just doesn't do it for me. I would like to know how much lighter the whole package is over a stock setup like I posted. Trees and all. I doubt they are and if they are I bet it's not by much.

Trust me when I say that you can do all the mods you want to the stock late model front end and it still will not handle or feel the same as the USD front end. I had my stock front end done up just as you described and now that I have the USD front end I would never go back, and not just because of the cost of the new front end either:biglaugh:. You are correct about the "bling factor" to some extend, but it is still light years beyond any combination that can be put into the stockers. With the USD you can adjust spring preload, damping, and rebound alongside the road, with the stock forks good luck.

As for the weight, the USD front end is heavier than stock by more than a little bit due to the beefier triples and the size of the forks themselves.

I have about every handling mod short of changing location of steeringhead and USD
forks. I am in too deep for chain drive now.

Thanks Jim, my Cycleoneoff USD forks are ordered.
It has been three months & still waiting for my motor,
I hate I didnt order forks sooner.

Back