USD on V-Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corsaer

Reaction score
Concerning the triple clamp/steering head stem, what is needed to put an R1 front end onto a V-Max? Do I use the stem from the R1 or have the V-Max stem installed (and does that necessitate machining of the R1 lower clamp and bushing of the top clamp)?

Welcome to the site! Merry Christmas! Lots of information and experience here for you to tap into.
I believe you use the lower triple tree and have the Vmax stem pressed in. I'm not sure on the top triple though.
I would contact the following people as they have done these conversions and can likely give the exact parts needed.
Sean Morley, http://www.morleysmuscle.com/ Email: [email protected]
Tom , http://www.cycleoneoff.com/Index.html Email: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][email protected]
[/FONT]

Sean MIGHT be a little pre-occupied at the moment . :rofl_200:

Attachments

• Rollies Chrome R1-vmax forks.jpg
    Rollies Chrome R1-vmax forks.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 53
Prez, you mean "Stem" not steam. Steam is what comes from boiling water. By the way, why have you stopped converting rear wheels for Vmax use? I think you could sell several a year.
PATMAX

Prez, you mean "Stem" not steam. Steam is what comes from boiling water. By the way, why have you stopped converting rear wheels for Vmax use? I think you could sell several a year.
PATMAX

Thanks Pat, still mistyping on the keyboard :)

About the rims.
I tought that so my friend, while back ago when i started investing some money into jig's and material's for rim fabrication.
Unfortunetly I didnt sold them much to USA - what is suprisley strange here - i did recieve many many questions about that rim form USA potential customers.
More then 100 in the time...which is the reason i decieded to stop offering anything internationally.
Mostly people were complaing about HIGH PRICE for the aftermarket rims and saying something that i now very good - your price rocks...
Imagine about 10 rims sold locally(price is higher then for USA) for people whos salary is about 5 times lower and everything needed for LIVE is 3 time more expensive..

I dont see any point of my services to the group who will not buy anything eventually - sorry i just dont understand that attitude...thus im still making the custom work locally.
Nothing personal and no offence to anyone.

The last two rims goes to Philippines and Finland.

I'm happy I got your set buddy, I will buy from you again if you continue to make stuff for us :p
But I get your point: there is no reason of making something which won't be sold eventually.
Although, I believe there is possibility on that market especially outside the USA.

Thanks Pat, still mistyping on the keyboard :)

About the rims.
I tought that so my friend, while back ago when i started investing some money into jig's and material's for rim fabrication.
Unfortunetly I didnt sold them much to USA - what is suprisley strange here - i did recieve many many questions about that rim form USA potential customers.
More then 100 in the time...which is the reason i decieded to stop offering anything internationally.
Mostly people were complaing about HIGH PRICE for the aftermarket rims and saying something that i now very good - your price rocks...
Imagine about 10 rims sold locally(price is higher then for USA) for people whos salary is about 5 times lower and everything needed for LIVE is 3 time more expensive..

I dont see any point of my services to the group who will not buy anything eventually - sorry i just dont understand that attitude...thus im still making the custom work locally.
Nothing personal and no offence to anyone.

The last two rims goes to Philippines and Finland.

What was your total out of pocket expense?

I'm happy I got your set buddy, I will buy from you again if you continue to make stuff for us :p
But I get your point: there is no reason of making something which won't be sold eventually.
Although, I believe there is possibility on that market especially outside the USA.
That would rather not gonna happen anymore, but if anyone wants something im still here but mind with neither bargain price nor fast service...or no serive at all...

Im happy that i could sell you those and im sure you will like it.
Tomorrow ill try to pickup some international postage blankets and maybe will be able to ship it wednesday/thursday :eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back