User controles advance

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelyons50023

Reaction score
Any body know of a way to be able to control the advance with a switch or something like that?

Maleko

Marke Milne...Has some sort of circuit I think that will drive advance via fooling the vacuum sensor..he could tell you more....

Here's some information about it.

http://vboost.users1.50megs.com/advance.htm

I got mine from vmaxbitz.com. Email them to see if they have anymore. Otherwise, DYNA 3000 is the way to go.

The picture shows what the unit looks like. You can have it stock, 3* or 5* of advance under certain conditions.

Attachments

• IMG 034.jpg
    IMG 034.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 41
Well I have a question , I did not realize the 1986 v max had a map sensor , Alos I left it off and ran it that way ,I misplaced it when I had my engine out , and did not remember to put it back on. so I guess my question is what would running without it do to the performance ? Now I am building a 1300 engine and will be installing the map sensor back on .

Here's some information about it.

http://vboost.users1.50megs.com/advance.htm

I got mine from vmaxbitz.com. Email them to see if they have anymore. Otherwise, DYNA 3000 is the way to go.

The picture shows what the unit looks like. You can have it stock, 3* or 5* of advance under certain conditions.

Someone has an aversion to dusting! LOL

j/k

Well I have a question , I did not realize the 1986 v max had a map sensor , Alos I left it off and ran it that way ,I misplaced it when I had my engine out , and did not remember to put it back on. so I guess my question is what would running without it do to the performance ? Now I am building a 1300 engine and will be installing the map sensor back on .

You would lose a bit of performance when going from cruising and quickly going to WOT. When vacuum catches up the supplental advance is removed and you're back to the stock ignition advance.

You're welcome You probably wouldn't notice by seat of pants feeling. Did you just plug the #2 manifold port?

Here's a pic of the ITAM from vmaxbitz.com. I really need to dyno the three settings to see how much of a difference it makes.

IMG034.jpg

Made my own and it works great you can tell a difference at cruise to wot and just a small kick in the pants when taking off but it only cost $2 to make this mod would be a good one for a sticky for people with stock ign.

Back