Using Dyna Beads to balance a tire

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
So today I bought three ounces of Dyna Beads to balance my Shinkos.

The rear tire was off for a puncture repair, so it was easy to stick two ounces of beads in it when mounting it back on the wheel.

For the front though, I had to go through the inflating valve as I had no plans to take the tire off the wheel!

I started my deflating the tire completely, then removed the valve stem using a handy little valve cap/stem tool that lives in my toolbox:
P1040583.jpg

Stick it in and unscrew..
P1040580.jpg

...and remove the stem:
P1040575.jpg

Then I found a suitable syringe that was small enough to fit inside the tire valve, yet with a hole big enough to allow the beads to flow through:
P1040588.jpg

I also took a trip to the bedroom to find one of wifey's toys as I heard that vibes are the way to get those beads in! :rofl_200:
P1040590.jpg

I put the beads in the syringe, and inserted the syringe tip into the valve (please note this is just the last few beads - the ounce almost filled the syringe!)
P1040574.jpg

then I held it in place loosely and put the vibrator in contact with it:
P1040569.jpg

Now since I was playing with Maxine and a vibrator, I thought I might as well get a video :clapping:
So there ya go - I managed to capture the last of the beads going in. After that, it was just a matter of refitting the valve stem, re-inflating the tire, taking off the balancing weight and rubbing in a little solvent to remove all glue residues. I haven't ridden it yet but I expect it'll be just fine! :punk::eusa_dance:
watch

Your lucky NG,
I have the 90 degree valves so it was a bit more tedious for me, but it was worth it to get them damn weights off my wheels.

BTW, You did read about not having any glue or any sticky residue on the inside of the tire and rim, right?
The only downside I see with the Dyna Beads is you can Not use any kind of tire goo stuff for leaks.

Great right up.

I ordered up some dyna beads today, tired of looking at my wheel weights. You guys have any feedback on them after running with them for a while?

I ordered up some dyna beads today, tired of looking at my wheel weights. You guys have any feedback on them after running with them for a while?

Noxx-There must be another thread regarding this because I remember reading somewhere both Cowboy & Naughty agreed that the beads worked well.
I got the kit from dyna bead a couple months ago but haven't put them in yet......don't expect the glacier to receed for another couple months, I'll install them then.:biglaugh:

I'm off my bike until next month as I'm in the UK for work, but all the way through January I ran them up and down I-4 and it felt perfectly fine. I initially thought it was a bit vibier at the front and DynaBeads suggested I pour another ounce in my front wheel, but I didn't bother yet and it all seems fine. As Rob said, make sure the inside of yer tires are clean and dry - you don't want anything for the beads to stick to in there!

Running 1 Oz in front (110/90) and 2 Oz in rear (170/80)

I still like them and will continue to use them.
My Max rides great with them. and I have no wheel weights on my rims.

I guess the real test would be to take a spin after removing your wheel weights see what the difference is with no balancing at all. And then put the dyna beads in and see if there is an improvement.

I used their little bottle and tube to put the beads in and a hand held powder puffer to push the beads in.
I'd fill the tube, careful not to spill any, then push them in with the puffer, then repeat till done.
Be careful doing it this way through if you use too much air to push them in and the air gets pushed back out, it will blow the beads back out.
Just be patient and take you time.
Naughty's way of using a vibrator or an air scribe is the best and recommended way though.

all i want to know is does wifey know she's not the only one using the buzzer!!lol and did you wash it before returning it !!!
Chris :spanka:

Tire Balancing agent

Put new metzler 880 tires on the max. When the dealer installed them, he added some of those stick-on wheel weights....I wasn't happy about the weights and after riding it for a few hundred miles, I have come to the conclusion that I definitly have a very slight balance issue. I am wondering if any of you guys have tried balancing agents in your motorcycle tires? We use ceramic balancing agent in the garage where I work and they work excellent, and for anyone who may not know what the heck I am talking about I will explain: The ceramic beads act as an automatic tire balancer....every time you stop and restart, the beads collect in the exact needed spot of the tire, and give a perfect balance. :ummm:

Re: Tire Balancing agent

dynabeads. the guys here like 'em

Do the dynabeads come in a pre-measured bag, or do you have to measure and install? At our shop, when we mount the bus tires, we throw in a bag of equal (trade name) balancing agent. It can be reused up to three times, and I happen to have some used at work. Do you know how much each tire requires? Thanks for the reply!!

Thanks, I am going to install some this weekend. I will post if it smooths it out or not.

I guess I got lucky... I have NO weights on my bike and have had no issues.

My SV had some issues so I had the front balanced with stick on's and have had zero issues to date.

If I remember right a guy here did a video of the install and used his wife's vibrator to help them go in the valve stem...

Funny shit...

i think it was NaughtyG.

yea whenever i've gotten my tires mounted they throw weights on them but they've said the really didn't have to it was so minimal. seems the vmax rims are pretty well balanced

Just had a set of shinkos thown on a few hundred miles ago. I HAD the wheel weights that fit on the center rib of the rim. When I picked the wheels up they each had a shitload of stick on wheel weights. And they are fugly. Feels smooth though so I guess I shouldn't complain. I just think the clip on weights that go on the center rib are much more discreet looking.

Just had a set of shinkos thown on a few hundred miles ago. I HAD the wheel weights that fit on the center rib of the rim. When I picked the wheels up they each had a shitload of stick on wheel weights. And they are fugly. Feels smooth though so I guess I shouldn't complain. I just think the clip on weights that go on the center rib are much more discreet looking.

They are more discreet but they also cut the clear coat or paint which allows water to get under and cause the oxidation you see a lot on wheels.

Chris

I put the balancing agent in 3 days ago, but between the rain and the grad parties.....I haven't had time yet to test it. Maybe TODAY!!!!

Finally got to take a ride....the balancing agent I used works great! I was a little nervous about removing the weights, so I marked where they were positioned in case I needed to re-install. The ride is as smooth or smoother than just using weights, plus now I can actually clean my rims without removing chunks of skin when I hit the weights. A++++

I have used the Dyna Beads on several sets of tires and they work great. I will never install the lead weights on the wheeel again. Good luck, Steve

Back