V Boost Controller

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just received adjustable V Boost Controller from James @ Micro Machines. Can't wait for weather to pick up and I'll give her a try and let you know how it 's working. Anybody else out there used one of these. Tried soldering my old one but it only worked (when it felt like it) for a few months.
Later,
Ken.

I had the same problem now have micro machine controller works great I've tried several rpm settings 5000 seemed to work best for me. Enjoy:punk:

I just received my new vboost controller from micro machines as well yesterday :biglaugh: I can't go play with it yet though since Ontario is still under a blanket of snow.

Does this device replace the original VBoost controller, or just add adjustability to the existing setup? The VBoost controllers (mine included) seemed to have a fairly high failure rate, and this would be a good way to fix the problem if you could eliminate the stock controller in favor of this one...

Yes, this is a replacement for the old controller and actually fits back in the original controllers case. James claims they are built with better components and they do come with a guarantee and they are adjustable above 2000rpm in 250rpm increments. You can check them out at micromachines.ca

Bought mine back in 2005 from James! I set mine at 3,000 rpm's and never had an issue with it. Worked as advertised. I'm going to buy a new one for my new Max.

Hi, mind if I ask what does it do? pros and cons

It allows you to select when the vboost kicks in so you can have it engage at a lower (or higher) than the stock 5krpm level.

There is also the T boost that allows you to have it always on or always off.

If you search the forum you will see dyno results of people trying to find the perfect vboost level but from everything I have seen it is a fairly negligible performance gain.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It allows you to select when the vboost kicks in so you can have it engage at a lower (or higher) than the stock 5krpm level.

There is also the T boost that allows you to have it always on or always off.

If you search the forum you will see dyno results of people trying to find the perfect vboost level but from everything I have seen it is a fairly negligible performance gain.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks, that s interesting to know anyway, such a small device can allow you to control such a big thing (one of the pride of the Vmax). You can have the boost early, that should allow extra speed more on the beginning. Fancy thing.

I always felt that the benefit of these and similar devices was to adapt to less than ideal weather conditions (rain) where I did NOT want the boost kicking in unexpectedly thus losing traction out back. I do like my boost kicking in a little sooner but I would think I get a seat of the pants improvement and probably a negligible measurable improvement.

Latest posts

Back