V-BOOST Controller

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSRider12

Reaction score
The V-Boost on my 2002 does not seem to be working. The butterfly solenoid cycles when I turn the ignition on but there is no boost even up to 7000 rpm. I have a new, fully charged battery installed and have checked and cleaned all of the electrical connections. I suspect that the Boost controller is at fault. Does anyone here have any experience or anecdotal information about the Boost controller sold by Micromachines.ca ?

/

The micromachines controller works good. You can buy direct or, from Sean Morley for about the same price. Quicker from Sean.
Adjustable in many RPM increments. Gotta pull the scoop and set the dip switches to adjust. I just leave it stock. You need to cut the case the OEM controller is set into and mount the micromachine unit into it. Its a tight fit.
Comes with a little LED to let you know when the boost is working.

The micromachines controller works good. You can buy direct or, from Sean Morley for about the same price. Quicker from Sean.
Adjustable in many RPM increments. Gotta pull the scoop and set the dip switches to adjust. I just leave it stock. You need to cut the case the OEM controller is set into and mount the micromachine unit into it. Its a tight fit.
Comes with a little LED to let you know when the boost is working.
Mike,
I appreciate the feed-back. Thanks!

I'm not sure what they cost, but investigate the Ignatech ignition module and all its features. It's got v-boost capability, reliable , and has the rev limiter function.

I have other options as well including used boxes AND the ignitech CDI that can directly control the vboost (and allow custom programming of it).

I bought the the micromachines controller last year and I’ve had no issues with it at all. Took a couple weeks to ship and was around $300 Canadian when I bought it. A bit large for the original controller box but I made it fit

With the Ignatech you can get rid of the oem v-boost controller entirely. I've been really satisfied with it. It's a major upgrade for the older Gen 1's. But it's certainly not the only option available.

Steve is 100% correct. I don't know what they cost now but the ignitech is the way to go. Infinitely customizable ignition curves, ditto for the vboost, the rev limiter is something we should all have, I personally "bump" into it often enough to be very happy I have it and a host of other options like shift lights that can be added. Fitment is no problem because it replaces both the cdi box and the vboost controller.

I think Eric (TraumaHawk) has done testing before and after on his 2007

KSRider12 - Have you pulled the airbox to see if the servo is moving? If you pull the carbs off completely you can see the actual valve move in the intake manifold. This way you can make sure the linkage is not broken...

Has anyone done a back to back test of the OEM ignition vs the ignitech?

I did get some HP increases with the ignitech, but I think that was due to the difference in timing vs differences in ignition systems. thing that i do REALLY like about the ignitech, is the dwell is adjustable. It is based on the Ohms of the coils. Their settings are for either under 3 ohms, or over 3 ohms, or auto (and the ignitech will see what the dwell needs to be based on what your actually running. I have a set of Seans unresistered COPS, and have the dwell set on "Auto" in the ignitech.

With just a couple of degrees of advance timing I had an almost 2 hp increase. There were on back to back runs at the dyno.

I bought the the micromachines controller last year and I’ve had no issues with it at all. Took a couple weeks to ship and was around $300 Canadian when I bought it. A bit large for the original controller box but I made it fit
I bought one about a year ago. Never had a problem with it. I put the led on the left frame panel and set the controller to 5500 rpm. Any lower and it keeps kicking in when I change down... I ride quite hard 😄20210822_144629.jpg

Latest posts

Back