V-boost issue - VIDEO

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marciofm

Reaction score
1993 Vmax

I need some advice about the V-boost. Recently I have disconnected the V-boost cable so I would be able to change the valve cover gaskets.

After reconnected the cable looks very loose even after tying the adjusting screw all the way to the bottom.

Also, it's not doing the up and down movement as it used to be.

If someone could give me an advise... Thanks

This is the Video showing the V-boost when turning ON the key

http://youtu.be/kR9wAsoFeiQ

V-boost back to life !!!

I have done:

1. Peeled the silicone coating of the back of Control Unit Board
1. Redone soldering of all wires coming to the Board
2. Tighten all connections on round Plug.
3. Will resealed back of board with silicone for electronics

Before reassembling the carburetor I want to adjust the V-boost cables as shown on the Repair Manual, but the screws seem to be very difficult to reach and use a gauge tool.

Any suggestion? THANKS

picture.php

picture.php

Like Steve-o said make sure the motor is mounted correctly and also make sure the cable is routed properly.

UPDATE:

After the procedure I described, I tested several times and V-boost was moving perfectly.
But, after adding silicone to the back of the board, reassembled everything including carburetor, for my surprise V-boost start to react exactly as before.
It's very difficult to know if there is any faulty connection on the wires, or some other component on the board has an issue with soldering.

It's not easy to reproduce, but some times if I flex the board a little bit and the V-Boost go up and down as it should.

Next step may be trying to find someone who has a V-max nearby to let me test the board.

Unfortunately, I can not spend $250 on this part right now.

If anyone has a suggestion, it would help.

Thanks

Options if it can't be fixed:

1. Used OEM

2. A double pole double throw switch can be used to replace the controller. You can open and close the butterflies with it.

3. A aftermarket controller from micromachines

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back