V Boost miss ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZMAX

Reaction score
i have a 2006 Max with Cobra slip on,s and K & N pod filters, the bike misses when you approach 6ooo, i have checked the coils all are ok, i have been advised not to change from the stock air box, i am about to install a stage one jet kit ! any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers: ummm:

The stage 1 jet kit is junk and with the cobra slip ons you need to run the air box, they are not performance exhaust

Thanks Rhoy, i,v been talking to the local biks shops and they had no idea, your reply is appreciated.
Cheers Ross

i don,t know, how would i find out,
i have just recently purchased the bike, off the internet and didn,t have the opertunity to ride the bike, but it,s awsome condition and i assumed "incorrectly" it would run fine !! it only has 8,000 miles on it, and all the accesories where on the bike when i bought it,
Where would be the best place to buy "new" origional air box, i,m sure my local bike shop could sorce one but how would i ride my bike with an arm and a leg missing !!

The carbs run under a slight vacuum with the air box, so when you put pod filters on in place of the air box you need the restricters or the carbs will not pull the slides open and the motor will not rev like it should. Mine falls flat a little over 4000 rpm with the air box removed. Captiankile or Sean morley on here could sell and send you the complete air box assembly, contact them.

wow. so cobras, more restrictive exhaust, leaned out the bike, plus pods, leaned out the bike (without resistors, leaned out the bike) i'd be careful could do some serious damage.

Pull the faux tank and take pictures of the filters, then pull one filter and take a picture of the top of the carb showing the jets and holes, then pull one slide and remove the needle and take a picture of the needle and post the pictures on here. A stage 7 jet kit may have been installed. If this is the case all ypu will need is a good header system to have a total beast.

Hi Rhoy

Photos attached , hope they are clear enough, the needle jet has 6 notches for adjustment, the jet in the top of the carbi is very hard to read it,s somthing like R50 007, The filter brand is UNI.

Attachments

• V Max 003.jpg
    V Max 003.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 27
  • V Max 006.jpg
    V Max 006.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 26
  • V Max 007.jpg
    V Max 007.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 25
  • V Max 009.jpg
    V Max 009.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 26
that looks a lot like a stage 7 jet kit. is there a reason you would goto stage 1? i would think about upgrading the exhaust. marks or kerker is one of the cheapest options. if you're looking for something a little quieter marks can custom make the outlet and can length.

I did not see air restricters in the carbs, in my opinion to get the bike running right would be to get a complete air box and stock needles along with stock jets, could possibly go 1 or 2 sizes smaller on the main jets. I am sure that Sean Morley can help you out.

After taking another look at the pictures there may be air restricters and could very well be a stage 7 jet kit, if this the case you can get a full header system or go back with the stock air box, jets and needles.

Man, those carbs look clean!
The pics are a bit out of focus, but one of the things they are referring to (I think, someone will correct me if I'm wrong) is the other brass thing in pic 2, on the bottom right. If the plug in there has a hole the size of a thin piece of electrical wire, it's probably standard. If the hole is more like a thin piece of fishing line, it's been restricted. This helps balance the carby's to the air filters. That would be good. :biglaugh:

If that's the case, and you want a killer bike, cough up about $1050ish and get a Marks exhaust sent over from the US. You will probably have to pull the carb rack off and have a look at what size jets ya got, and muck around with the needles a bit. But that would be the way to go. It's not the cheapest option, but probably the easiest and the best!

As for your missfire, is it any different if you try and cruise around that RPM?

And I really want to say "Thets choice ay bro!" :rofl_200:

Back