V-boost motor start-up sound

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V-V

Reaction score
I have 86 V-max. When I turn the ignition On, used the V-boost motor moved once and made “a noise”. But sometimes it doesn’t.
Right now it does not make a noise at all...

Is the motor supposed move every time?
Any advice would be appreciated!

I have 86 V-max. When I turn the ignition On, used the V-boost motor moved once and made “a noise”. But sometimes it doesn’t.
Right now it does not make a noise at all...

Is the motor supposed move every time?
Any advice would be appreciated!
Yes It is supposed to move every time ! If I had to guess I would say your Vboost control box under the left scoop is going bad. If you take the scoop off sometimes you can squeeze the box or tap on it. If it moves when you do that it is the box. I think I have a couple boxes

Reactions: V-V
Yes, there should be 2 distinct short bursts.

I had exactly this and managed to repair mine, search for vboost post by me.

Reactions: V-V
Yes It is supposed to move every time ! If I had to guess I would say your Vboost control box under the left scoop is going bad. If you take the scoop off sometimes you can squeeze the box or tap on it. If it moves when you do that it is the box. I think I have a couple boxes
Thanks for the info. I will try to fix it.

Thanks, where can I buy? Are you listed on eBay or something?

I have good used vboost box options if you can't fix yours (usually they are micro cracks in the connections that just need remelted to restore connection). I also have an ignitec CDI box option that can directly control the vboost along with other advanced functions (like timing adjustment, rev limiter, and speed shifter kill contol).

I have good used vboost box options if you can't fix yours (usually they are micro cracks in the connections that just need remelted to restore connection). I also have an ignitec CDI box option that can directly control the vboost along with other advanced functions (like timing adjustment, rev limiter, and speed shifter kill contol).

Thanks you, Please send me the pic and price.

Back