V-boost not cycling - Servo acting strange - VIDEO

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnipeJDM

Reaction score
I need some of your guys opinions and advice on my vboost operation. I'm finally to the point of trying to check out electrical systems and parts. My new battery is in and wired up.

Last night, I decided to start checking the vboost. Turned key "ON" and there was no cycling. Connectors are all clean. I checked voltage across the two pins for power coming out of the controller and got nothing. I found a sketch on here that showed which two pins it was. So I'm assuming my controller is shot unless someone here has some suggestions on how to further troubleshoot or fix it. I tried the "tap on it" method. :biglaugh:

Then, I wanted to check the servo operation. I straight wired two wires to the power and ground pin of the servo. Then hooked straight to the battery. The servo moves but only slightly. Then it seems to just slip and let go. It will do this repeatedly just as long as you hold the wire to the battery. Any ideas on what is going on here? I don't think this would be normal. It should cycle all the way up and then all the way back down I would think. I reversed polarity and it did try to run to the down position and heard the motor sound like it was stalling. The "up" though has me puzzled. Any suggestions? Buy a new servo? See the video below...

[youtube]ARuwyUScIlc[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARuwyUScIlc

**edit** sorry for the small video. I'm lucky to have gotten it this far.

No video Daniel.

First thing that comes to mind is maybe the set screw on the cable pull has come loose and backed off a bit, or maybe some gears in the servo housing are messed up. The motor sounds like it's trying to work tho....I have a servo assembly with a bad motor, gears and everything else are fine tho.

OK, it just came up.

The video should be there now Dan. Set screw is tight. The cable bracket isn't slipping on the servo shaft. The shaft snaps back as well.

Yes, it is. There's a brass driver gear at the bottom of the servo motor and a series of neoprene driven gears, sounds like something in there is buggered up. Probly need to remove and disassemble to see what the problem is.

Found the problem. Got the servo out and wired it up again. It was not jumping, but it was the shaft was pulsing. I opened up the servo and knew what I was going to find. Plastic teeth everywhere. It's stripped. Anyone got a good working servo?

Found the problem. Got the servo out and wired it up again. It was not jumping, but it was the shaft was pulsing. I opened up the servo and knew what I was going to find. Plastic teeth everywhere. It's stripped. Anyone got a good working servo?

Have you got any pics?

Back