v-boost not working

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmf1200

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm an excited new owner of a 1988 V-max and I absolutely love it! I've fixed a few problems already but I really want to fix the v-boost. I've tested the control module and I get power but I don't get power out of the control module going to the servo motor. I ran power directly to the servo motor and it makes the vvvt-vvvt sound and moves so I assume my problem is the control module. What do you guys think??

There is a thread on squeezing the control module. Apparently can have loose connections or something on the inside of the box.

ok great I will try that first before replacing the module.
Thanks!

Must be a thing with the 88mod as mine did the same thing, even pulled my control unit apart and stripped the gel to check the solder joints no joy in that.
Ended up purchasing a ignitech unit for a few more bucks than a replacement box to bypass it and directly control the servo, havent installed yet but very excited to be able to control the vboost at any rev range....

Must be a thing with the 88mod as mine did the same thing, even pulled my control unit apart and stripped the gel to check the solder joints no joy in that.
Ended up purchasing a ignitech unit for a few more bucks than a replacement box to bypass it and directly control the servo, havent installed yet but very excited to be able to control the vboost at any rev range....
Hey can you send me a link on that so I can check it out.? Thanks

Back