V Boost Switch (Old Dale Walker Switch)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaMax

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been somewhat of a lurker on the board - have a question for you.
I am currently riding an '89 VMax and a '00 ZRX1100. About 10 years ago, I owned a '85 VMax. I had the Dale Walker VBoost switch and I loved it. Anyone have one that they want to get rid of? I've seen some aftermarket switches, but the ones I have seen are adjsutable RPM settings. I'm looking for a switch that when it is on -- the VBoost is activated. When the switch is off, the VBoost activates normally @ 6k RPM. I talked to the guy at micromachines and he said that he could reprogram his to come on at any RPM but he wants $150 for it. There's gotta be something out there cheaper...
Anyone have any ideas or know how to wire in a switch?

Thanks guys,
BamaMax

Hey guys,

Been somewhat of a lurker on the board - have a question for you.
I am currently riding an '89 VMax and a '00 ZRX1100. About 10 years ago, I owned a '85 VMax. I had the Dale Walker VBoost switch and I loved it. Anyone have one that they want to get rid of? I've seen some aftermarket switches, but the ones I have seen are adjsutable RPM settings. I'm looking for a switch that when it is on -- the VBoost is activated. When the switch is off, the VBoost activates normally @ 6k RPM. I talked to the guy at micromachines and he said that he could reprogram his to come on at any RPM but he wants $150 for it. There's gotta be something out there cheaper...
Anyone have any ideas or know how to wire in a switch?

Thanks guys,

BamaMax

http://qualitypartsonline.com/t-boost.htm

Ya thanks Firefly... The TBoost kicks in @ 3k RPM. I want a switch that will immediatley open the butterlfy valve at any RPM, even at idle..

I appreciate the response though..

Anyone else know of anything?

Thanks,
BamaMax

Ya thanks Firefly... The TBoost kicks in @ 3k RPM. I want a switch that will immediatley open the butterlfy valve at any RPM, even at idle..

I appreciate the response though..

Anyone else know of anything?

Thanks,
BamaMax
You'll have to make it up yourself. Double pole switch will do it. Mike sent me a diagram a while ago. I'll look for it if your interested in doing it yourself. Not very complicated.pm me if interestted.
Steve-o

or zboost does the same thing. 3 positions though. always on-off-stock

you can change the 'stock' position to go on at 3k as well.

or zboost does the same thing. 3 positions though. always on-off-stock

you can change the 'stock' position to go on at 3k as well.

That's what I run. Usually on the 3k position. Unless I'm looking for a gas station. I figure I don't need the vboost sittting in traffic or warming up.
My 2 cents
Steve

Guys, does this really make a difference or improvement in the way the bike runs if you put it to either the 3K or all on position. I could swear I read somewhere that you actually have more HP throughout the curve if left stock?

left to stock jetting yes. if you jet for vboost always on, its a minimal loss. the great thing about vboost on is the small throttle openings feel like 2x the power. for me its worth loosing a little bit of top end, if i even do, to get the midrange and smaller throttle opening reaction. lets be honest, most of us are not spending most our time at WOT at 8k+ rpms when we ride.

Latest posts

Back