V Boost..(yawn)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indifferent

Reaction score
Hi all...1st gen 1988 here....UK based...yup the V Boost....is there a replacement?....ive mailed micromachines...no reply....i dont trust 2nds hand unıts....HELP!

Nothing the matter with an operational 2nd-hand system. Yours wasn't so-equipped? No VBoost? There are 'breakers' on the forum from whom you can order a complete system, get the wire harness too.

Nothing the matter with an operational 2nd-hand system. Yours wasn't so-equipped? No VBoost? There are 'breakers' on the forum from whom you can order a complete system, get the wire harness too.
My trusty steed has a v boost system..works ıf ı compress ıt...for a whıle...ı consıdered second hand but the problem appears endemic...i may end up ın the same place with a second hand one...

My trusty steed has a v boost system..works ıf ı compress ıt...for a whıle...ı consıdered second hand but the problem appears endemic...i may end up ın the same place with a second hand one...
So what you are saying is that the Vboost works intermittently by pressing on the casing?

That indicates a connection is broken and by pressing on the case causes the pcb to flex and thus contact is remade.

Remove the pcb and examine the underside tracks for any fractures, in particular at the leads and component pins.

See here
https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/fixed-my-vboost-module.48623/
If you cannot spot any breaks, then resolder each joint, when doing the IC allow to cool by resoldering a pin, do another pin elsewhere, then next pin on IC.

Oh, if you decide to junk it, can I have it?

The Captain is referring to a replacement ignition unit which among other things can control the V Boost operation.
Whilst it may seem like a sledgehammer to crack a nut it is reasonably priced and can be programmed to suit your bike.
It's been around for some time now and I don't recall reading anything bad about it.
This is the Ignitech page; as you are UK based then it may be cheaper to buy direct if you decide to go that route?

The issue to which you refer is not uncommon but it is, from what others have reported, possible to effect a repair as described by Mr 02GF74.

[/QUOT
The Captain is referring to a replacement ignition unit which among other things can control the V Boost operation.
Whilst it may seem like a sledgehammer to crack a nut it is reasonably priced and can be programmed to suit your bike.
It's been around for some time now and I don't recall reading anything bad about it.
This is the Ignitech page; as you are UK based then it may be cheaper to buy direct if you decide to go that route?

The issue to which you refer is not uncommon but it is, from what others have reported, possible to effect a repair as described by Mr 02GF74.
Thankyou....i am tempted to replace as you suggest....))

Hi all...1st gen 1988 here....UK based...yup the V Boost....is there a replacement?....ive mailed micromachines...no reply....i dont trust 2nds hand unıts....HELP!
email this guy [email protected]
Im uk based and bought his replacement which fits into the original case and is adjustable.
works a treat.

Just go to his site and buy one. He'll probably message you thru paypal and ask for another 20 dollars, cos he's posting to the UK. I've had mine 3 years... never had a problem.

Latest posts

Back