• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

V max 1200 05' extreme preparation for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firstly good luck with the sale, lots of work has gone into that bike!

In the video the Yoshi exhaust is standard length but in the pics it's shorter. Was this done for looks or just that with no retaining strap the Yoshi wouldn't hold in position?
I find it interesting that this is a big bore 1510cc bike and only puts out 150 bwhp? I just sold my PCW1500 bike with Keihin 39mm flatslides that dyno'd at 163 bwhp.....whys the HP so low?
As I said, the bike never visit the dyno, 150 hp are on the wheel, but just aproximately, 180 at the engine, also dry clutch, direct pull carburetors etc... The dyno 3000 could be chargued with different maps.
Firstly good luck with the sale, lots of work has gone into that bike!

In the video the Yoshi exhaust is standard length but in the pics it's shorter. Was this done for looks or just that with no retaining strap the Yoshi wouldn't hold in position?
Exhaust was just cutted for estetics, but it's homologated... Thank You!

Attachments

• P01125-124535.jpg
    P01125-124535.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 14
[QUOTE = "[email protected], post: 494149, member: 1805"]

I see you are running a Stack multi-function indicator.

Where did you get the cup that the meter is mounted on?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is a competition stack with 12 display configurations, the cup was specifically designed and manufactured, put the pressure gauge on it, by cannes motor service.

Greetings.

Last edited:
Is something off with the front caliper mounts? The pads are barely grabbing half the rotor width.

Is something off with the front caliper mounts? The pads are barely grabbing half the rotor width.
Th whole rotor is grabbed on both sides, but with different colour, perhaps is the type of disc or perhaps the pads.P01125-123831.jpg

Hmm he does have a point. The 6 pot brake pads aren't as deep as the Vmax so results in a narrower braking surface area , reduced even firther by the cut outs on the wavey discs.
1606944461659.png

Example below shows swept area on the only 6 pot calliper brakes I know, from a YZf 750.
1606944346965.png

FZR1000 had Sumitomo three opposed pairs of pistons calipers for two years. Some GSXR1100's had Tokico six-pots, 1993-'98 I believe.

The Sumitomo calipers from the FZR1000 and the YZF ThunderAce have the same o.c. spacing for mounting as the 1993-2007 VMax fork stanchions.

We talk with cannes motor services about the brakes and the position of the six pistons calipers was made on purpose, to have the best possible performance and refrigeration, one of the strongest point of the bike are the brakes the flowering discs, the calipers the metal pipes, the pump...all.Untitled copia.jpgUntitled v max 2.jpgUntitled v max.jpgP01125-123224.jpg

Last edited:
1510 on the bottle and everything else in the world done to it... And only 150 to the tire... A stock Gen 1 with stage 7 jet kit, exhaust, and K&N filters would be 125ish.. .and with a 40 shot well over 150 to the tire... What am I missing here??

Insist, It's just estimate power, bike never touch a dyno, to know real data..3rd gear wheel up easily, that's the estimate power..

Happy new year!

Last edited:
Back