• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale V-Max Blackout Motorcycle For Trade or Sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dij0674

Reaction score
Hi VMax Riders,

I have a Blacked Out V-Max for Trade. I'm done riding.

A word of warning, this is fast and powerful bike, 105 lb of torque and ~160 HP.
I've added a few pictures, and have a full album of the rebuild online, for more details of the project.

Basic Details:
1993 Yamaha V-Max that I took down to the frame and had powder coated in satin black.
Any part that could be powder coated is, the paint is matched on the painted parts.

The motor was rebuilt by PCW out of Schenectady NY, they are one of the best shops around for a race rebuild.

Basics:
Less than 5K miles on fresh rebuild, never run at the track.
1428cc build with high pro cams (105 ft/lbs torque and 158 HP see dyno)
Transmission is race ready with undercut dogs.
It is a V4 and has a huge amount of torque.
Full build sheet on request.

Custom exhaust with 12in cans, from Marks exhaust in Tx.
Brakes are stock, the lines are braided steel.
Suspension is lowered and has progressive shocks.
The saddle is custom from max gasser, very nice for long rides.
Frame Drag bars , custom gauges and speedo, custom led turn signals.

Please, no lowball offers, I don't have to trade the bike.

I'm interested in trading for mountain properties within a 3-5 hour drive of NYC, handyman specials, anything near a trout stream, etc.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 2059982857052.jpg
    2059982857052.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG00270-20100819-1058.jpg
    IMG00270-20100819-1058.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG00004-20091112-2021.jpg
    IMG00004-20091112-2021.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 143
  • Vmax 001.jpg
    Vmax 001.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20160926_174032407.jpg
    IMG_20160926_174032407.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20160926_173941671_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160926_173941671_HDR.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20160926_173752630.jpg
    IMG_20160926_173752630.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20160926_173741536.jpg
    IMG_20160926_173741536.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMAG1393.jpg
    IMAG1393.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 147
A Max Gasser

"They call it the Max Gasser!"

I like the overall appearance, it looks like a fine example of a modded bike, once a stock VMax.

That deserves to be totally blacked-out, like some-sort of stealth plane, with radar-absorbing colloidal paint, so it doesn't show up on a radar gun. Wasn't there a bike like that in Cannonball Run?

Last edited:
cannonball run movie.jpg
Cannonball Run H-D Sportster.jpg

The guy on the left (Robert Tessier) was in The Longest Yard, the original, with Burt Reynolds. He broke Harold Kiel's nose with a karate punch, when they were drilling to play the prison guards in football. A favorite 'heavy' in TV and movies.

Last edited:
A Max Gasser

"They call it the Max Gasser!"

I like the overall appearance, it looks like a fine example of a modded bike, once a stock VMax.

That deserves to be totally blacked-out, like some-sort of stealth plane, with radar-absorbing colloidal paint, so it doesn't show up on a radar gun. Wasn't there a bike like that in Cannonball Run?

Thanks @Fire-medic, that paint idea is awesome!

When I bought the bike (on craigslist), I didn't have a black out plan.
I thought it had a carb issue that turned out to be a #4 cylinder that looked more like a stop sign when mic'd.

Then spent the next three years bugging the crap out of @one2dmax at Morley's Muscle.
Tbh he's the reason the bike was completed, stood by his word, work, and quality 100%.

Yeah I think you're in the ballpark. A motivated seller and a cash offer, a bit of wiggle room.

Was the #4 cyl bore a faulty one, or was that before the re-build? I'm no pro mechanic, but anytime I've been pistons-out on an engine, it's measured top, middle and bottom of the bore at 90 degrees (measured on these points: +) to each measurement, to check for roundness (or out-of-round). Someone should be very-happy with that.

Yeah I think you're in the ballpark. A motivated seller and a cash offer, a bit of wiggle room.

Was the #4 cyl bore a faulty one, or was that before the re-build? I'm no pro mechanic, but anytime I've been pistons-out on an engine, it's measured top, middle and bottom of the bore at 90 degrees (measured on these points: +) to each measurement, to check for roundness (or out-of-round). Someone should be very-happy with that.

When I originally tore down the motor I had a local machinist go over everything.
The #4 cylinder issue was pre-rebuild. Tbh it's the reason for the engine rebuild.

Ended up having PWC rebuild it with one of their 1428 kits.
They tuned in one of Sean's carb kits, on the dyno that is posted.
100% happy with that decision.

The motor is an absolute beast, I found it be a very good balance of power and weight for the V-Max, on the street.

The bike rides like a cruiser, you can ride for hours, and has the power to surprise the crap out of a squirrelly crotch rocket on the way home from work.

Hi VMax Riders,

I have a Blacked Out V-Max for Trade. I'm done riding.

A word of warning, this is fast and powerful bike, 105 lb of torque and ~160 HP.
I've added a few pictures, and have a full album of the rebuild online, for more details of the project.

Basic Details:
1993 Yamaha V-Max that I took down to the frame and had powder coated in satin black.
Any part that could be powder coated is, the paint is matched on the painted parts.

The motor was rebuilt by PCW out of Schenectady NY, they are one of the best shops around for a race rebuild.

Basics:
Less than 5K miles on fresh rebuild, never run at the track.
1428cc build with high pro cams (105 ft/lbs torque and 158 HP see dyno)
Transmission is race ready with undercut dogs.
It is a V4 and has a huge amount of torque.
Full build sheet on request.

Custom exhaust with 12in cans, from Marks exhaust in Tx.
Brakes are stock, the lines are braided steel.
Suspension is lowered and has progressive shocks.
The saddle is custom from max gasser, very nice for long rides.
Frame Drag bars , custom gauges and speedo, custom led turn signals.

Please, no lowball offers, I don't have to trade the bike.

I'm interested in trading for mountain properties within a 3-5 hour drive of NYC, handyman specials, anything near a trout stream, etc.

Thanks for looking.
Hello, Love what you did to the bike! I have a 93 as well. I just got it back from being serviced for the season and made some repairs like a new clutch etc. I have about 50K miles on it and my mechanic is telling me that its time to either invest in a new bike or have a rebuild done. I just cant part with it. I know it has another couple years left in her so I have decided to shop around for another and keep her in "semi-retired" mode, lol. Is your bike still available? I live in Delaware so not far away. Thanks man, Darrell

Hello, Love what you did to the bike! I have a 93 as well. I just got it back from being serviced for the season and made some repairs like a new clutch etc. I have about 50K miles on it and my mechanic is telling me that its time to either invest in a new bike or have a rebuild done. I just cant part with it. I know it has another couple years left in her so I have decided to shop around for another and keep her in "semi-retired" mode, lol. Is your bike still available? I live in Delaware so not far away. Thanks man, Darrell
almost a year old thread ...I'm sure its gone If your interested I have an 05 for sale maybe two 05's

almost a year old thread ...I'm sure its gone If your interested I have an 05 for sale maybe two 05's
Hello, yeah I'm looking for sure. I had narrowed it down to a couple of bikes. Send me some photos and mileage and I'll definitely look at it. Thanks man.

Latest posts

Back