V Max in Phoenix Az

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

dogmatik01

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good mechanic in the Phoenix are, we are moving to Scottsdale next week. Thanks

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, are you in for culture shock. From the Big Apple and the beauty of the Catskills/Appalachians to water restrictions and sand for a yard. "But it's a dry heat!" Can you say, "one-hundred ten degrees, and it's only seven A.M.?" I doubt people ride all year-round there because they get dehydrated so-quickly in the summer.

Sorry no help on the mechanics.

desert_max

Reaction score
Hmmm. Wonder why it is consistently one of the, if not the, fastest growing cities in the country? Aside from the summer heat, one of the most dynamic areas I've ever lived in. And I have lived all over the country. Incredible employment opportunities, and more on the way. Cool mountain vistas are only a couple of hours up the road. Arguably some of the best riding for enthusiasts in the country. There's a lot to like. Folks get hung up on the heat, but that's why God invented swimming pools and air conditioning.

OP: Check out Eastside Performance in Mesa.

(here’s my sandy backyard)

FD7E4703-9C52-4EEA-8CB5-9EF0F966AA8D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmmm. Wonder why it is consistently one of the, if not the, fastest growing cities in the country? Aside from the summer heat, one of the most dynamic areas I've ever lived in. And I have lived all over the country. Incredible employment opportunities, and more on the way. Cool mountain vistas are only a couple of hours up the road. Arguably some of the best riding for enthusiasts in the country. There's a lot to like. Folks get hung up on the heat, but that's why God invented swimming pools and air conditioning.

OP: Check out Eastside Performance in Mesa.

(here’s my sandy backyard)

View attachment 82326
This one speaks the truth. The SW is the FASTEST growing part of the country. While I didnt move to AZ, I am next door. And several thousand feet higher, the temps in the summer easily cross triple digits. I can ride all year cause unlike Phoenix, the elevation keeps us away that extra 10 degrees cooler. That for me at least....makes it bearable.

As for geography...The SW offers so much more diversity than one would think. 3 hours in any direction you can be at the Grand Canyon. You can be in the Continental divide....lush evergreen forests here. In NM, 3 hours south, you can descend nearly 1000 feet into a cave network with the largest single room in the entire US. While water may be scarce, there are small oasis' you can venture to. Havasu Lake, Lake Mead are a couple of noteworthy mentions.

Its a smart move especially if your body no longer tolerates the humidity of wetter states. If you dont mind the heat, its a fantastic place to end up. I have lived in New Mexico for the last almost 17 years. And I am a NY transplant myself.

crynool

Reaction score
No Idea about a mechanic, but I live in Phoenix as well. Currently in Tempe until I can get into my house in San Tan Valley again (don't ask ;) )

crynool

Reaction score
Let's meet up some time, I know another one (who is a really GREAT guy), I ask him if he wants to join, so at least 3 max, maybe can have more ... :)