V-Max Rat or road warrior bike?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen a Vmax done up Rat style? Or road warrior style?

I like the 80's look of the bike. But I also like the look of bare bones. Nothing except for the essentials.

Any pics or links to projects like that?

I like the 80's look of the bike. But I also like the look of bare bones. Nothing except for the essentials.

Rat Style? Hmm RAT in my mind reminds me a checy engine, not really sure I am following you here....
Just take the scoops and side panels off your VMAX:confused2:

I am lost on this one,, my VMAX just has way to much extra bullshit on it and I hate these fairings...

I've seen some, they are almost always bikes in the UK. I'll see if I can find some and post the pictures.

This is sorta naked. It does have a bling front headlamp for VBitz. Powedercoat everywear for ease of clean up and tone down the nasty factory aluminum look. It is due for a makeover in the next few weeks. A black and red theme if I can find the black with red stripe stock front wheel. Finding that wheel is the proverbial needle in the haystack.

Last edited:
This is sorta naked. It does have a bling front headlamp for VBitz. Powedercoat everywear for ease of clean up and tone down the nasty factory aluminum look. It is due for a makeover in the next few weeks. A black and red theme if I can find the black with red stripe stock front wheel. Finding that wheel is the proverbial needle in the haystack.

4gasem may have those wheels you are looking for, I'm not sure if he is willing to sell them, but it is worth a shot.

How about it Chris?

Just take the scoops and side panels off your VMAX:confused2:

I am lost on this one,, my VMAX just has way to much extra bullshit on it and I hate these fairings...

I didn't want to say that. But I feel the same. I got more looks and questions when I ran mine without any cloths. If its fake it needs to come off.

I think real velocity stacks without the airbox would look sweet. And different gauges.

At one time I wanted to build a frame from solid rebar. No paint, just business. Its still layin in my back yard perfecting its own finish.

The red stripe on my '07 wheels is just tape. My dealership sells a red wheel stripe kit with an applicator that keeps the stripe even all around the wheel. takes five minutes max. So you just need a black wheel and stripe it yourself.

There is a guy on eBay that sells wheel tape stripes in MANY colors. My orange ones match my paint job very well. They come in all wheel sizes and in 4 pieces for each wheel. There are two extra sections per wheel. (In case you mess up). He also has them in reflective colors. Disregard the colors in the pic as there are two sources of light (sun and florescent) confusing my digital camera.

Attachments

• 2008-04 Wheels.jpg
    2008-04 Wheels.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 44
There is a guy on eBay that sells wheel tape stripes in MANY colors. My orange ones match my paint job very well. They come in all wheel sizes and in 4 pieces for each wheel. There are two extra sections per wheel. (In case you mess up). He also has them in reflective colors. Disregard the colors in the pic as there are two sources of light (sun and florescent) confusing my digital camera.

M-C Is this the type of kit you used? Those stripes look great on your bike, I always thought they were paint.

Wheel Stripes fits Yamaha Star V-Max Warrior R1 R6 FZR

The red stripe on my '07 wheels is just tape. My dealership sells a red wheel stripe kit with an applicator that keeps the stripe even all around the wheel. takes five minutes max. So you just need a black wheel and stripe it yourself.

:ummm:You might want to check again. If its "just tape", then its been clear coated over. Which also means clear coat over powder coated wheels :confused2: It's possible, but I doubt if Yamaha went through that expense on the 05-07 Vmax wheels.

M-C Is this the type of kit you used? Those stripes look great on your bike, I always thought they were paint.

Wheel Stripes fits Yamaha Star V-Max Warrior R1 R6 FZR

That is the guy. There are 4 sections for each wheel. Install one section at a time centered in the lip. Just overlap the ends about 1/4". You will have to trim some off the last section. I originally bought a 15" and 18" kit. I ordered another 18" kit when I got the 18" rear wheel. It is MUCH easier to install with the wheel off the bike. I used alcohol to prepare/clean the surface. Just don't use a power wash to clean the wheels, clean by hand. They are holding up well and are cheap.

That is the guy. There are 4 sections for each wheel. Install one section at a time centered in the lip. Just overlap the ends about 1/4". You will have to trim some off the last section. I originally bought a 15" and 18" kit. I ordered another 18" kit when I got the 18" rear wheel. It is MUCH easier to install with the wheel off the bike. I used alcohol to prepare/clean the surface. Just don't use a power wash to clean the wheels, clean by hand. They are holding up well and are cheap.

Perfect!! Wheels are coming off for powdercoat this winter. I'll apply tape before re installing.
Thanks M-C, did you clear over them?

Perfect!! Wheels are coming off for powdercoat this winter. I'll apply tape before re installing.
Thanks M-C, did you clear over them?

No, wanted to see how they held up and if I wanted to keep them in the long run. They are so cheap, I figured I would just reapply if needed.

How 'bout it M-Cman or 4gasem? either of you have a front black wheel you can split with? I'll get a plain jane striped if I have to.
I can't tell you what a pain it has been riding around town doing a wheelie the whole time waiting for a suitable front wheel to become available. The local cops call me "Evel" now but at least they don't give me anymore tickets!

I don't have a spare black wheel but I think there are a couple on eBay right now. You can have a aluminum finish one powdercoated. That is what I did with my Kosman.

I'll be patient. Surely someone will want to change out there black wheels eventually. I am guessing fronts are hard to come by because that is what hits first if you know what I mean. I wonder what it costs to powdercoat a front wheel? Oh well, I am getting good at this wheelie thing. Hah!

Back