V-Max side panel chrome badges - where?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a few chromed side covers and plenty of removed emblems. Yours is the only year that Yamaha stamped the Vmax into the cover. All the rest were sick on emblems. All of the years - the new emblems they will come with sticky on them already for you to peel and stick in place. The 05 and newer emblems have a red tint to the emblems on the edges. Gives them a little nice color offset from the aluminum side cover.

It would be a shame to put stick on emblems over your stamped covers. You can get newer covers (86 and up) and not ruin a hard to find set.

I have a few sets of both that I keep chromed and ready but it's a lot more expensive then buying new emblems.

Sean Morley

Okay, that's what I figured about the side covers being stamped for the 85 year. No prob. I'll keep the stamped set for now.

Okay, that's what I figured about the side covers being stamped for the 85 year. No prob. I'll keep the stamped set for now.

FYI! Your covers are like GOLD! DO NOT get rid of them! Have Sean chrome them but DO NOT get rid of them!

Latest posts

Back