V65 Sabre Clutch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richwrench

Reaction score
I know I'll get flamed for asking a Honda question, but that's OK. I've read other posts re: v65's so I know some members here are familiar with them. My buddy is restoring an '85 Sabre & has to bleed the clutch every 40 miles - already rebuilt the master (aftermarket seals) & replaced the slave. I figure the master is junk & needs replaced, but they are not available any more. It looks to me as if a Shadow master would bolt right in - just looks a little different. Anybody ever try this before ? I found a couple of v65 forums & nothing personal, but they just don't compare to this site. Plus the v65 was the inspiration for Yamaha to build the VMAX , so I don't feel too out of line to post about it here. Any thoughts ?

My guess is if the master cylinder bore is the same it should work fine.

I have seen tiny pieces of dirt get in between the copper seals and the banjo bolt and cause problems. You might want to tear it down and clean things again, and use a mighty vac (if you aren't already) and see what happens. I'm sure you have already been down this road, but it might be worth a shot. Also, try taking off the master cover and try rattling the lever and tap the lines. If you are sucking in air at the master most of the bubbles should be at the top and may come up. This won't really help, but you may be able to track down the leak.

Back