Valve Cover Gasket & Rubber Mounts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95spfldmax

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good place to buy OEM replacement parts? I'm looking at $25.00 for a valve cover gasket which is fine, I guess. But the rubber mounts are $7-$8 ea times 16...YIKES!!.......Is there a trick to refurbishing them maybe?? TIA.

They usually don't go bad. I do keep a set on hand just for people wanting a set but they rarely need done.

Sean

mike is actually probalby gonna help me with my valve adjustment this winter, so i'll probably order a set of rubber thingies and some bolts along with the shim kit from ya sean so i have everything to put her back together.

Any time I compared bikebandit to ronayres, bikebandit lost the price war. I have used both, but since I found ronayresmotorsports, I have never gone back to bikebandit.

Ronayres has quick service and they nearly always have anything I order. When they don't, they ask me if I want them shipped when they are in-stock again, and I always get them within a reasonable time.

Any time I compared bikebandit to ronayres, bikebandit lost the price war. I have used both, but since I found ronayresmotorsports, I have never gone back to bikebandit.

Ronayres has quick service and they nearly always have anything I order. When they don't, they ask me if I want them shipped when they are in-stock again, and I always get them within a reasonable time.

+1 ronayers.

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

I've used Ron Ayers since I either ran across them on a part search or maybe it was Danny that told me about them back in '08 and I've had good experiances with the 15+ orders placed with them. They occaisonally have backorders but that is communicated when placing the order, so any waiting I did was my own decision. Good customer service the one time I called them as well.
Here is a cost comparison to a couple other retailers:
Boats.net: 26H-11193-00-00 Yamaha gasket, HD cover/ 1 $24.06
Cheaocycleparts.com: 26H-11193-00-00 Yamaha gasket, HD cover/ 1 $24.68
Another option if your a VMOA member is K&N Motorcycles which has the part above listed at $24.38 but the price break for VMOA members is %25 over cost. The saving could be as much as %40 off list which would make this part $ 14.68! (if I did my math correctly!)

So can you reuse the rubber valve cover gasket if it is in good shape??

sure you can. but i figured the $60 for the set was worth it for me not to have to pull them again.

Latest posts

Back