Valve shim removal tool

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been looking to purchase a valve shim removal tool for valve adjustments on my 85 V-Max. I am finding several different numbers for what appears to be the same tool. The numbers are 04105, 04105 YM-33961, YM 04105, and 35-3462. While checking online the main compatible numbers stamped on the tool seem to be 04105 which Yamaha says is no longer available from them and Ym-33961 which the local Yamaha Dealer is going to check out for me tomorrow. Just wondering if there is any difference over the years in the tool or the mechanical part or why different numbers if they're the same item.

Looks like the new (available to order) PN# for the shim removal tool from Yamaha is 35-3462. This is available from your Canadian Yamaha Dealer for just (WOW) $179 CDN. It is also avail. on line for $56 US in either #04105 or YM-33961 #'s and is avail. in Can. aftermarket for $79.95 + $20 shipping. Don't know anyone in BC that has one so I guess I'm shopping on line...

The "YM" one is what I ordered a log time ago and was the original Yamaha tool. They probably changed the part number a couple of times at least.

Has anyone a drawing for this tool. It would not be too difficult to make, just time consuming.

Back