Vance and Hines tune

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt937

Reaction score
I'm about ready to install Vance and Hines slip ons. I think I know the answer, but is a reflash needed if the air box is stock? If so, I will have to spend money on the reflash, I will probably then install k&n filter. Which flash Nash is the correct one for Vance and Hines?

Capt937, would you mind posting pics of your install when you get the pipe on? I've got the same exhaust but I'm questioning the install at the front header/midpipe joint.

Capt937, would you mind posting pics of your install when you get the pipe on? I've got the same exhaust but I'm questioning the install at the front header/midpipe joint.

I haven't had a chance to install yet. I will post when I get that far. I'm also doing double clutch spring and air box mod with a k&n filter.

If I install the Vance and Hines and leave the rest of the bike stock for now, can I run the bike the rest of the summer before I get the reflash, or is it just safer to get the flash right away.

I have read from another forum that it isn't good to add an exhaust & not do something with either the ecu or get some type of fuel management.

Yes, I am going to get the reflash from Tim, but was hoping to get a few hundred miles on before. I'll just send the ECU off right away.

I just got my ECU from Gurued gear. I couldn't stop grinning after taking the bike for a ride. The smoothness and torque are amazing. Feels like I added 20 HP.

Back