Vboost controller bad?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

admwolf

Reaction score
I've been collecting parts to restore the stock Vboost on my bike. Today I connected the servo motor to the controller and turned the ignition key, nothing happened. Next I checked out the servo motor, the motor turns when connected to power and the potentiometer resistance is within spec. So I have to assume it's the controller. I checked the three pin plug going to the controller, the ground is good and both the red/white and gray wires are powered with the ignition on. I found it strange that I'm only reading about 11.5 V at these two wires when the battery is reading 12.7.

Anyway, it's probably a bad controller. Does anyone have a spare or know where I could find one cheap? Thanks.

talk to sean morley one2dmax. he might be able to help ya

nie stuff there, would love to try some of it out. i' love vboost to turn at @ 2k to be honest, not sure if it'd work with cops tho, should tho.

I have a spare Vboost controller - I just need to check it on my bike to make sure it's good.

If so make me an offer - they're $300 new on bikebandit but I'll let it go for a good price to a fellow vmf member!

I have a spare Vboost controller - I just need to check it on my bike to make sure it's good.

If so make me an offer - they're $300 new on bikebandit but I'll let it go for a good price to a fellow vmf member!

hey, do u have an intake sensor? i *may* need one. probably and hopefully not.

cool. not sure how to check if its working properly. anyone have any ideas?

no no. its the ignition advance unit! i found a test though, if you don't have a 'calibrated vac gauge' which i'm not entirely sure i know what one is:

"set up voltmeter to 0 - 20 dcv range and a fully charged 12V battery. measure output voltage, should be 2 volts" i'll have to test mine too.

how you set it up is: once u get the black box off, put it with the nipple side pointing towards you up and on the left. you then attach the neg from the battery to the upper terminal and then the positive from the battery to the lower left terminal. one mulitmeter wire goes on the lower right and the other is grounded...

battery negative -->> __
() <- nipple
battery positive --->> | | <<------- voltmeter positive

ah oops got confused across posts..

ya I can do that test easy - just need to take the unit of the bike. Will prolly go there tomorrow as I need to get my spare tank if I'm gonna be able to go to Deal's Gap by Thursday!

sounds good G. i'll see if my bike is behaving and do the test quick if i get a chance.

i was actually thinking, i could probably test the full readings if i had a mityvac that has a pressure gauge on it. i didn't buy that model and am hitting myself for doing so. maybe autozone rents 'em.

"set up voltmeter to 0 - 20 dcv range and a fully charged 12V battery. measure output voltage, should be 2 volts" i'll have to test mine too.

battery negative -->> __
() <- nipple
battery positive --->> | | <<------- voltmeter positive

yo Garrett

I just did this test with my spare unit - measured 2.15V

looks good to me NG.

heres the page from the manual....

Attachments

• sensor.jpg
    sensor.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 21
Back