VBoost Controller..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
I'm just finishing up getting the '85 ready to rock.

Today, I found the left front carb stuck open. Not the butterfly, but the slider.
This made for some seriously crappy running. Git it back down to the bottom, and gave it a good shot with carb cleaner. This freed it right up, and after about 50 miles, it's fine. I figure it just gummed up a bit from sitting so long.

Over the past few years, I have noticed that the v-boost "sound" heard when I turn the key on was getting intermittent, to not at all. I figured I'd have a look inside, and found the circuit board in the controller cracked! About 6 or 8 traces are broken. I was gentle getting the board out of the case, and really don't think I did it. I'm gonna peel off the silicone from the board, and have a go at repairing it. To be honest, I don't horse the bike enough to use the V-boost too often, but I'd like it to be there....

Question. Anyone out there able to do repair, or give advice?
I thought I read that there is someone here that resolders bad connections on the board....

:ummm:

Today, I found the left front carb stuck open. Not the butterfly, but the slider.
This made for some seriously crappy running. Git it back down to the bottom, and gave it a good shot with carb cleaner. This freed it right up, and after about 50 miles, it's fine. I figure it just gummed up a bit from sitting so long.

Over the past few years, I have noticed that the v-boost "sound" heard when I turn the key on was getting intermittent, to not at all. I figured I'd have a look inside, and found the circuit board in the controller cracked! About 6 or 8 traces are broken. I was gentle getting the board out of the case, and really don't think I did it. I'm gonna peel off the silicone from the board, and have a go at repairing it. To be honest, I don't horse the bike enough to use the V-boost too often, but I'd like it to be there....

I thought I read that there is someone here that resolders bad connections on the board....

Holler at Shawn Kloker, he offered to do mine, not sure what the charge is, I ended up doing away with the V-Boost.

Hi

I may have a vboost controller laying around...will have a check and let you know if you are interested....price will be more then reasonable...if I can find it :surprise:

Cheers

Latest posts

Back