Vboost controller

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baco 83

Reaction score
Pulled my vboost controller apart and found some of the coating on the bottom side melted along with what looks like some solider points the melted together. Does anyone have a picture of the bottom side of the circuit board so I can attempt to clean this one up.
20220512_142429.jpg

Looks like someone was in there to repair before. They can get micro cracks that cause intermittent operation. Many times simply peeling off the coating and re-melting the solder will re-establish that contact and be good to go again.

I cut a small amount out to test the connections to the wires. But when I took the board out of the case the bottom hole in the coating looked like the top hole. I am going to try tomorrow to reflow one of the connections. My main concern is the bridging of the solider points in the lower hole

I probably have one somewhere but cannot find it right now.

Mine had a crack in the solder around one of the pins, see below; the pin to the right of the blue circle. Look hard and you can see a faint dark ring that is the fracture - the gap was causing intermittent operation - pressing on the module flexed the board so bridging the gap.

I suggest you take a very close look at all the joints with a magnifying glass.

1652434472534.jpeg

Latest posts

Back