Vboost cuttin in/out

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be a diaphragm leak or sticking slide.
Jetting wouldn’t be my first suspicion.
Just checked all 4 of the diaphragms and they looked good, no rips or tears, I also could not see any light through them, sprayed slides with wd40.. Also checked pilot jets even though bike idles good. The slides and diaphragms were soaked in gas, is that normal I know they are in carbs...

The shotgun or peashooter is unlikely to help with the described symptoms. I am pretty sure that those techniques are really only going to be effective at clearing out the low speed idle circuits. From what I gather, this machine works fine up to about 6,000 RPM's and beyond.

The shotgun or peashooter is unlikely to help with the described symptoms. I am pretty sure that those techniques are really only going to be effective at clearing out the low speed idle circuits. From what I gather, this machine works fine up to about 6,000 RPM's and beyond.
Agreed, runs and idles great up until 6-7k rpm... And if im not riding it crazy hard, it doesnt sputter at all, but if im riding violent, it cuts out!!

If im holding it half throttle I can watch the rpm rise, vboost kick in, shift to next gear it runs fine... but if im in 4th gear, shift down to 3rd and hammer it, the power cuts in and out but only above 6500k rpm.. off and on! Like its not getting either enough tricity or fuel....

Last edited:
Hey guys I think I fixed my sputtering problem!!!!!! I ran 3 cans of seafoam and a lucas carb cleaner with a bit of gas and she hasnt sputtered once!!! Just rode it after charging battery for an hour!! No more hesistation! At least for the two rides I just went on, figured something was clogged in a carb somewhere!(I added some gas it was smoking a little bit) lol.

Back