Vboost doesn't work?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

This time I don't want to ask for help, just share my experience in case I can help others.

My Vboost was not working all the time, sometimes not even when starting it. I though it would be due to the sensor or any other mechanical issue. One day, because of a different issue I upgraded my battery to a Gel one, and now Vboost works spotless!!

Previous battery was good enough to start the engine, but not enough to power the whole bike.

Cheers,
Daniel

So your previous battery had enough current to crank over the engine, but not enough to power the Vboost controller and servo? That doesn't sound right to me...

Either way glad you have full power all the time now!

You are 100% right, that is way I never thought that would be a solution for the issue. Anyway I'll continue looking for the "bug", it is an '85 bike, needs a lot of love.

Flex or bend the main vboost control box and see if it tries to work. They are common to get micro cracks in the solder requiring either replacement or you can try to remelt the solders (mostly where the wires entire the board) to restore function.

Flex or bend the main vboost control box and see if it tries to work. They are common to get micro cracks in the solder requiring either replacement or you can try to remelt the solders (mostly where the wires entire the board) to restore function.
I'll try. Thanks mate

curious if you have any update on this as it seems I am in the same boat.

1. start off by cleaning all the pins on both connectors - unlikely to be the cause

2. check that there is 12 V on the 3 pin connector - black = 0V, brown = 12 V (yellow is ignition coil - ignore that)

3. narrow down the problem to the module or the servo - the wiring for the 5 pin connector is in my thread below.
you can safely apply battery voltage to the two power pins, one way is motor forwards, reverse the voltage to make the motor go the other way.
https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/who-knows-about-vboost-wiring.48610/

4. if that works, then the problem is in the module - take it apart as in this thread:
https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/fixed-my-vboost-module.48623/

It seems to be the case. After wiggling connections at Vboost controller to I checked it works...or not. Dismantling now to check soldered connections.

I'll keep you posted

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201021-073708~3.png
    Screenshot_20201021-073708~3.png
    1 MB · Views: 34
Back