Vboost Not Installed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect what was originally fitted was the Dynojet breather kit.
When I had mine the internals of the air/ oil separator came loose and in the end I made my own.
If that also happened on the one you have that could explain the two mini filters.
What is still a mystery is why was installed.
I would start by pulling one of the throttle slides to see what needles are fitted.
Are the tamper proof screws still in place on the carb tops?
I think that the breather kit was installed for some weird reason relating to oil in the air box. I don't know the history of the bike but there was a switch installed on the left side cover to activate the radiator fan, and the previous owner drilled through the cover. It gives me the impression that a cooling concern was band aided instead of repaired properly. Maybe this carried over to the Breather issue? I don't think that the jets where replaced but I will have to open the carbs to verify. I bought a Vboost unit off of ebay and will have to test the Servo motor as I doesn't run when plugged into the harness. enclosed is a pic of the carbs I don't know where the tamper proof screws are?

Attachments

• IMG_0457 (002).jpg
    IMG_0457 (002).jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0464 (002).jpg
    IMG_0464 (002).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 7
Switch for the cooling fan is common. Tamper proof screws are on the side, should be 3 Phillips head, and a safety torx, looks like a regular torx head with a little nipple in the middle, tamper proof. Have to pull the scoops off to get the top 4. Should be a spring, slide, diaphragm, and the needle.

Switch for the cooling fan is common. Tamper proof screws are on the side, should be 3 Phillips head, and a safety torx, looks like a regular torx head with a little nipple in the middle, tamper proof. Have to pull the scoops off to get the top 4. Should be a spring, slide, diaphragm, and the needle.
Thanks I will check this in a few days, I took her out for a short ride last week and she ran great I'm just trying to get a hold on what has been done to this bike, the temp gauge doesn't seem to be working so I am cautious and I'm checking all of the fluids and changing them but all has looked very clean!

Thanks I will check this in a few days, I took her out for a short ride last week and she ran great I'm just trying to get a hold on what has been done to this bike, the temp gauge doesn't seem to be working so I am cautious and I'm checking all of the fluids and changing them but all has looked very clean!
Do you have a pic of where these safety screws are?

I do not, I sold my gen 1, 2 years ago, I upgraded to the 2nd gen. Google image. If you look up and to the right of the screw driver, that's the safety torx. Once you get the scoops off, that's what you should see. There is a tiny O ring in there also, don't lose it.

Attachments

• shotgun6.jpg
    shotgun6.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 10
One of the best things that I did for the 07 was to buy some JIS screwdrivers. It will save wear and tear on the screws themselves because of using the wrong screwdriver.

I think that the breather kit was installed for some weird reason relating to oil in the air box. I don't know the history of the bike but there was a switch installed on the left side cover to activate the radiator fan, and the previous owner drilled through the cover. It gives me the impression that a cooling concern was band aided instead of repaired properly. Maybe this carried over to the Breather issue? I don't think that the jets where replaced but I will have to open the carbs to verify. I bought a Vboost unit off of ebay and will have to test the Servo motor as I doesn't run when plugged into the harness. enclosed is a pic of the carbs I don't know where the tamper proof screws are?
there are no tamper proof screws just all JIS ones...

there are no tamper proof screws just all JIS ones...

Attachments

• IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 12
Stage 7 needles, no doubt...........PO must have sold the exhaust, and stuck the factory air box back on?? What's the top of the air box look like? Small oval opening? Sean sells a muscle kit that uses the factory air box, but the top is modified. A dyno jet kit uses 4 individual air pod filters (1 per carb.) With a modified air breather. Similar to yours. Puzzled on why a stage 7 with stock exhaust, and air box. Did the PO purchase the Vmax used in this condition, and then in turn sold it to you?? Hard to say not knowing the history.

Stage 7 needles, no doubt...........PO must have sold the exhaust, and stuck the factory air box back on?? What's the top of the air box look like? Small oval opening? Sean sells a muscle kit that uses the factory air box, but the top is modified. A dyno jet kit uses 4 individual air pod filters (1 per carb.) With a modified air breather. Similar to yours. Puzzled on why a stage 7 with stock exhaust, and air box. Did the PO purchase the Vmax used in this condition, and then in turn sold it to you?? Hard to say not knowing the history.
You have a lot of good questions as I do. When I took off the carb I noticed that the screws where different sizes and one had a washer on it. Looks like a botched attempt and the exhaust to me is stock, unless there is a magical baffle system that slips into the stock pipes. The top air box is stock with a K&N oil filter. The PO has no mechanical knowledge nor skills I bought it as is... and want to fix these issues. Looks like I may have to bring it back to stock and install the Vboost system back on it.

LOL I wish that were all there is to opening up the carbs, get into this side and see how they're set-up
VMax,FloatLevelInternal.jpg

could those float heights have been set up using the clear tube on the outside method to measure the fuel levels ?, maybe the floats themselves do not float evenly in the fuel for some reason

Back