Vboost timing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VBOOST Timing

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Harv3574

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Iam new to this forum I have a 2009 vmax. I have done the air box mod and had Tim Nash (The Guru) reflash the ecu along with V&H CS-1 exhaust. Does anyone know if its possible to trick the vboost to come on at 3000 rpm instead of 6000 rpm. I had an 1990 vmax and you could "Trick" the vboost by jumping a couple wires coil signals if you will to come on early. Is it possible to do something like that with the GEN 2 models Thank you

Assuming you are talking about a Gen II then as far as I am aware it doesn't have V Boost?
I does have YCC-I YCC-I (Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake) which electronically varies intake length though.

Hello everyone. Iam new to this forum I have a 2009 vmax. I have done the air box mod and had Tim Nash (The Guru) reflash the ecu along with V&H CS-1 exhaust. Does anyone know if its possible to trick the vboost to come on at 3000 rpm instead of 6000 rpm. I had an 1990 vmax and you could "Trick" the vboost by jumping a couple wires coil signals if you will to come on early. Is it possible to do something like that with the GEN 2 models Thank you

I stand corrected maxMidnight. Absolutely right on the YCC not Vboost. However Is there a way to change the event timing? Or is it better just left alone? Just curious. Thanks MaxMidnight.

You can have it reprogrammed but it will actually hurt you power (just like the T-boost hurt power on the early bikes)

Back